Commitment List for 2012 Ford Buick Shootout

Quik Six

Update on Ford versus Buick Shootout 2012
The Ford vs. Buick Shootout was scheduled be held on October 6, 2012 at Mid-America Raceway near Ark City, Kansas and, as in the past, a list was to be maintained and posted of those who commit to come to this event. The event was rescheduled for October 13, 2012; however, the track remains closed and there has been no information from Mark Schackelford posted in the past 30 days.​
We had hoped that everyone who attended the Noble event would return and we would have the largest and fastest team we've every had.​
I will post any update of information on date and location that I may receive.​
Phil Engle​

I've never been one who likes change, but go ahead & put us on the list. Where the heck is ark city kansas?

John Plog

Good to see that you guys got it worked out for 2012. Found it on the map.

John: Glad to see you'll be there.

Ark City is about 20 miles east of the intersection of I 35 and Highway 166 which is just north of the Kansas/Oklahoma state line.

John: Glad to see you'll be there.

Ark City is about 20 miles east of the intersection of I 35 and Highway 166 which is just north of the Kansas/Oklahoma state line.
Yep ,and I will be there with my Son Richard and Grandson Ken Beaty.

Commitment List for Ford Buick Shootout 2012
Mark Shackleford
Matt Gordon
John Plog
Dick Walker
Ken Beaty
Phil Engle
Richard Walker

Well Sweet! Sometimes change sucks but sometimes good, well glad to see that you guys kept this going. Need to get my situation with my FAST corrected and retuned in the GN. Hope this year I can bring her out to play.

Glad to see we have some early commitments going on. Guys, Ark City is a cool little track. For those from the North it's a little closer than Noble and for those from the South it's only a little further North. I know several from the Northeast make long hauls to get to this race so to all the Southern guys I say what's a couple more hours when we have racers that make 13 and 14 hour hauls to get to the event. Come on Texas peeps, we still need every one of you.

If my White T is alive after the x275 races locally (only 4 races this season), and the TSO races then I'd be interested in beating up on some fords. :)

If my White T is alive after the x275 races locally (only 4 races this season), and the TSO races then I'd be interested in beating up on some fords. :)

Would like to see you come to the event with the White T but if it's not running, the GN would be more than welcome.

Phil Engle

I guess can you get info on where to stay as well,or what closest to the track. In Okie most of us would meet up at the Rubies Inn and go from there. Any info will be helpful.

Eric

I guess can you get info on where to stay as well,or what closest to the track. In Okie most of us would meet up at the Rubies Inn and go from there. Any info will be helpful.

Eric

There will probably be a few of us that take a trip to Ark City to take a look around.

There will probably be a few of us that take a trip to Ark City to take a look around.
Currently working on an all infornative post with track info, maps and hotels in the area as part of the "formal" Buick vs Ford event notice that we will be posting on the net wherever we think we can get racers. Keep your eyes peeled as it WILL be here first.

Currently working on an all infornative post with track info, maps and hotels in the area as part of the "formal" Buick vs Ford event notice that we will be posting on the net wherever we think we can get racers. Keep your eyes peeled as it WILL be here first.

Sweet thanks!

assuming this new turbo/intercooler doesn't cause me to drive over the crank, sign me up i'll be there!!

Count me in. Hopefully some of the other Kansas Grand Prix people will be committing soon.

Jeremy Helton