Coming soon correct reproduction window stickers

Dennis Kirban

Working with ECS Automotive Concepts that is licensed by GM and does the door jamb VIN decals for us we will soon have the 1986-1987 Turbo Regal window stickers available. He already has the correct original perforated paper in stock. The correct font style. What owners may not realize is GM had a different part number for each year that showed up in the very lower rite hand corner.

Like the originals printing will be to the very edge something that is difficult to duplicate. You will need either an original to copy or you will need to contact gmmediaarchives.com to get a copy of your invoice that would list your options etc. This can take 2-3 weeks to get. They have records back to 1982.

You also need to determine you built date from your door VIN decal. Meaning date after July 1987 your title will read Grand National. Prior to July 1987 the title read Regal 2 door coupe and the Grand National was an option listed on the window sticker.

In some instances it may be impossible to determine the correct information on the original selling dealership and related codes for that dealership. We are currently working out the various kinks in the program so we can make this available to the Turbo Regal owner. We are focusing on the 1986 and 1987 Buick window stickers as we have originals for those two years already set up with ECS Automotive Concepts.

Believe it or not their are minor differences in those two years. The window sticker is the one thing that serious collectors want to have with their car.

Watch this thread for updates and pricing.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Currently we offer the correct door VIN decals through ECS Automotive Concepts.

We are now set up to have ECS Automotive Concepts reproduce the 1986 and 1987 Turbo Regal window stickers.

Our part number is 7744 for the 1986 cost is $80 plus $7 priority mail second copy is part number #7745 and its $30 more.

The 1987 is 7746 again $80 plus $ #7747 for second copy at $30 more.

You would email sales@kirbanperformance

copy of the information
if 1987 NOTE BUILT DATE AS July 87 on GNs were titled as a Grand National prior to this the Grand National was listed as an option (WE2).

You just providew all the options in alphabetical order my source has the codes and prices for each option.

If you know the orignal selling dealership we need that however we woudl substitute codes and zone which you probably do not have. This would be based on 13 different dealers that ECS has info on.

A proof is emailed to you prior to ECS printing the correct format on the correct paper. Remember ours will be the correct format, on the correct perforated paper and have the proper printing on the back about to remove wet sponge....Also ours will have the corect GM part number in the lower rite corner. We are the ONLY SOURCE for this from ECS who is licensed by GM.

Info wil be on our website later this week just under search put in 7744 or 7745 or 7746 or 7747.

Remember you must supply all the info if its wrong its wrong on your part exception being codes for selling dealership if you do not know the dealership that sold it we substitute one that we do have the info for.

Its impossible to make a 100% correct reading window sticker unless you got an original to start with.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

On a similar note I have been going thru my 3 banker boxes of files covering almost 350 of the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals I have sold includes 9 real GNXs...they go back to 1993. I am having a print out done putting the last 6 digits of the VIN number in sequential order so I can help current owners determine if they do indeed own a car that I sold in the last 23 years. I can provide in many cases copies of the title, other original photos, and most of all a notarized statement on my letterhead listing the VIN number and the fact I owned it. In some rare instances I even have copies of the Manufacture vehicle of Origin which is really rare.

I have two prices for this service depending on what I have. Both deals are priced under $50 for prioirity mail making it a bargain.

So unless you know the entire history of your 1986-1987 Turbo Regal for the last 23 years email me denniskirban@yahoo.com the last 6 digits of your 17 digit VIN number....I sold alot of nice examples many of which I am sure are still on the road today If you own one of my cars you will want this info to keep with your car.

No personal info will be shown from previous owners. I get calls every month from people wanting to know if I owned their car at one time.

Again my email direct is denniskirban@yahoo.com all I need is your last 6 digits of your VIN....its my version of bingo.....numbers match up you are a winner!. I fortunately kept records on all the car sales going back to 1993. In soem cases I have titles for several states on the same car....

This service has two prices depending on whether I have photos or not. Both deals gets you a notarize document verifying car was sold by me and even lists the year I sold it. Also any copies of titles I have.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

remember the more documentation you have for your pride & joy the greater the value is to the next potential buyer. Be different if our cars were only worth 3 to 5 grand but those days are loooong gone.

I will have a print out with me this Saturday at the Ceciil county East Coast Buick Regionals to check VINs on all the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals in attendance.

I doubt anyone has more records than I do on that many different 1986-1987 Turbo Regals.

Got a FRIEND with a 1986 or 1987 Turbo Regal tel ll them! Also have paperwork for one turbo trans am 2 Syclones and one Thypoon that I sold. Also a 1970 Buick GS Stage one 4-speed that I bought.

Someone out there has my number 18 Syclone and I got all kinds of paperwork from GMC on that truck as it was one of two they used for all the magazine testing and was the cover truck for Car & Driver magazine. Not sure if the owner of number 18 realizes any of this!

Probably 85%of the cars I sold were titled thru O Neil Buick/GMC which I would have a copy of. Another batch was a broker for and in very rare cases they were titled to me personally.

The Below is from Dennis Kirban:

"Appreciate Brandon posting this. This is a copy of the notarized certificate you would get if you own one of the Turbo Regals we sold
years ago. Along with any other info I have connected to the same VIN number."

Click on the Image Below to view a larger image.
Kirban.jpg

Ok, so I took the first step and ordered my dealer invoice from gmmediaarchive.com <<< NOTE: there is no "S" in the URL.

Once that comes in, I'll get the rest of the information needed and order up one of these window stickers.

I got my window stickers from dennis and they are a dead on match to my original.

Wow, I received my dealer invoice from gmmediaarchive in 1 day after paying! Looking forward to ordering the window sticker next.

Update: placed my order with Kirban.

Last edited:
Dennis,
Are you still reproducing the window stickers? Someone said that ECS is no longer doing window stickers. Would you be able to advise?

Dennis,
Are you still reproducing the window stickers? Someone said that ECS is no longer doing window stickers. Would you be able to advise?
They are not reproducing them anymore, at least from scratch. You must have a legible original window sticker, the same as the current trunk RPO stickers. I was able to get one done through Kirban a year or two ago since I had my original.

They are not reproducing them anymore, at least from scratch. You must have a legible original window sticker, the same as the current trunk RPO stickers. I was able to get one done through Kirban a year or two ago since I had my original.

That's why I got involved when @Darkstar72 asked me if I could help Paul at winvoices.com get setup to make reproduction window stickers. At this point, his templates are done for the 1986 and 1987 models.

I have no affiliation with winvoices.com. I just thought it was the correct thing to do - to share by archive library with someone willing to listen and make correct window stickers.

A good 10 to 15 years ago, I tried to help Triple A Enterprises produce a more accurate reproduction. However, Bill is a salty dog and did not want to hear any constructive criticism to help improve his product and simplify the ordering process. After Bill was stricken ill, his son attempted to take over the business and practically ran it into the ground, loosing the work from the Corvette museum.

Today, with a gaining focus on gathering documentation for our cars, there are plenty of owners who would like to have a correct reproduction window sticker. the fact that ECS would not make one if you did not have the original put a lot of folks out of luck. If you want one, get in contact with winvoices.com.

You can see what Paul and winvoices.com are doing in the thread below.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/reproduction-window-stickers.463528/

That's why I got involved when @Darkstar72 asked me if I could help Paul at winvoices.com get setup to make reproduction window stickers. At this point, his templates are done for the 1986 and 1987 models.

I have no affiliation with winvoices.com. I just thought it was the correct thing to do - to share by archive library with someone willing to listen and make correct window stickers.

A good 10 to 15 years ago, I tried to help Triple A Enterprises produce a more accurate reproduction. However, Bill is a salty dog and did not want to hear any constructive criticism to help improve his product and simplify the ordering process. After Bill was stricken ill, his son attempted to take over the business and practically ran it into the ground, loosing the work from the Corvette museum.

Today, with a gaining focus on gathering documentation for our cars, there are plenty of owners who would like to have a correct reproduction window sticker. the fact that ECS would not make one if you did not have the original put a lot of folks out of luck. If you want one, get in contact with winvoices.com.

You can see what Paul and winvoices.com are doing in the thread below.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/reproduction-window-stickers.463528/
Good that someone else will be able to make them. Have they looked into being able to do RPO stickers from scratch? Not a case of people wanting to "fake options" or clone, but some cars have had trunk lids changed out during restorations and no longer have the original RPO sticker. I'm in the same boat and have every piece of paperwork related to the car, but because I don't have a photo of the original, SOL.

nothing on RPO stickers. that thread from a few years ago where I captured my conversations with Tom @ ECS about your situation for those who did swap deck lids years ago where no one, including body shops, gave a thought about saving the original SPID label and/or never thought anything about the SPID missing from the deck lid when buying the car still holds true today.

SPIDs are a different story. doubtful anyone will offer one without an image of the original. That SPID with the VIN is treated like the VIN plate at the windshield by the insurance industry companies.

So are these now available?

I already have the GM Archives Invoice. I also can provide a picture of the SPID label.

I'm trying to find the name of the Buick Dealer in Indio where it was sold. The info i dug up many years ago and have since misplaced told me the car was shipped to Los Gatos CA and dealer traded to a dealer in Indio, CA in '87. I can't find the name of the dealer and t's grown and changed out there so much........

Maybe the Chamber of Commerce can help me.........