Coming 2012!

Don't worry Craig... I don't feel your 6 second pass is in jeopardy anytime soon :D.

You are right Clint about that: SOON

Unless I find a car that I want to build my hot rod out of, then I'm coming back out like the old days! Its going to be like the old man told me in the tower at Bristol one year, (the guy that was racing the blue/purple gutted big tire regal) told me are you the guy that drives the car with the BBQ sticker on the back window and I said yes he went on telling me I didnt know how to drive and my car was dangers to be out there. I said why because I was right beside you to half track on the back tires :eek: Nobody knew who I was then and they will ask were did he come from again:D

Lurch "coming back" kibler

Lurch!! LOL that does fit you....

Guys I'm new to the G/N world .Bought a 86 G/N last Feb and it's just about complete.Mistake I made was building it and then looking for a class to run,dumb . I think I would qualify for this class except I'd have to change tires .Running M/T ET Street 325x55x15's. Not a big deal to skinny down a bit. question is, what times are you guys running in this class? Haven't had it out yet but hoping for low 10's. . I originally wanted a street car I could take to the strip and I built a race car that if you don't mind the cacophony of,high stall,roller cam,headers and a chassis set up tight as hell you can drive it to church. Although my wife hates to ride in it and she says it smells up the garage and filters into the house. Do i have a shot or will I be embarrased/ Jim Mag

This class has been revamped and has not been run yet I believe, and getting 10's on a true radia tire, not a drag radial, will be very hard to say the least.

This class has been revamped and has not been run yet I believe, and getting 10's on a true radia tire, not a drag radial, will be very hard to say the least.

You are right on both cases brother.... But I can tell you a high 6 in the 1/8th mile does compute to a very high 10 in the 1/4 so yes, it is possible with todays engine setups and turbo technology

Guess we'll have to wait and See!!!!

Let's try to get as many cars as we can!!!!

JD

Guys I'm new to the G/N world .Bought a 86 G/N last Feb and it's just about complete.Mistake I made was building it and then looking for a class to run,dumb . I think I would qualify for this class except I'd have to change tires .Running M/T ET Street 325x55x15's. Not a big deal to skinny down a bit. question is, what times are you guys running in this class? Haven't had it out yet but hoping for low 10's. . I originally wanted a street car I could take to the strip and I built a race car that if you don't mind the cacophony of,high stall,roller cam,headers and a chassis set up tight as hell you can drive it to church. Although my wife hates to ride in it and she says it smells up the garage and filters into the house. Do i have a shot or will I be embarrased/ Jim Mag

I have another question about this class I would qualify but I did a mini-tub so I could fit my 325/50/15 in can change tires,obivously ,not an issue. Looks like the mini tub kicks me out,why. On the proper size tires it adds nothing. Jim Mag

I have another question about this class I would qualify but I did a mini-tub so I could fit my 325/50/15 in can change tires,obivously ,not an issue. Looks like the mini tub kicks me out,why. On the proper size tires it adds nothing. Jim Mag

With the tire being the limiting factor, the mini tubs wont add any advantage... If there are no objections then I would say give it a try.

You claim low 10's maybe. The car tryin for this class are already mid/low 10 sec cars. SO I guess your all ou of reasons to attend then

Sydwydnr, haven't read these posts in a while, just saw your post..I don't understand your reply .I can't tell if it's sarcastic or your just breakin my stones good naturedly and besides that I don't understand .Maybe it's me ,If I pissed you off ,I'm sorry certaintly wasn't trying to .I'm trying to get some repore with you GN guys so I can run my car and have some fun. Did I say something wrong? Jim

All in good natured fun my friend :). Just sayin bring your car on for TSR and we'll see what shes got

Clint,GREAT thats what I thought.Now I have to work on getting tranny cool. Put trans balnket on and when it was on the dyno it spit oil because it was overheating.Need to re-rout the lines and see what that does. See you in NC. Jim

Clint ,I was hoping for low 10's went to Lebanon Valley yesterday, four runs ,it was very crowded.. first brakes couldn't hold car and pushed through lights ,possible operator error . Next three runs 12.3,12.5,12.5 ,consistent huh ? If it was a stock engine ,I'd be happy ,found out it only produced 13 lbs boost . Hit 26 lbs at about 110 mph on the way home from my sons house on rt 84. Have a AEM gage set up by someone else .Do you or anyone else have any suggestions . But ,hey nothing broke on either the Camaro or GN, " a good day ". See you in two weeks,Jim Mag