Cold Case Radiator Top Plate

Dam.....I was looking to get one but looking like I may steer clear for now. Maybe they’ll rework them.
Yeah I freaking hope mine fits when I get it. I ordered it from G body parts, and they told me it was made to order, they don’t keep stock.

Yeah I freaking hope mine fits when I get it. I ordered it from G body parts, and they told me it was made to order, they don’t keep stock.
did you get yours installed yet or was the order delay somewhat lengthy?
Thanks

did you get yours installed yet or was the order delay somewhat lengthy?
Thanks
Bloody lengthy.. they don’t see it on their website but I got shit from somebody saying “they’re made to order” after I complained how long it was taking. Which I actually thought was kind of rude. If they were made to order why don’t they say that when you purchased the goddamn thing?

yikes- let me know how the install goes, hopefully not as much of a nightmare as it was just getting the thing.
I got it in, it is massive. I just had to cut that tiny little piece behind the latch and clean it up a bit. I painted it so you can’t really tell but it’s pretty smooth and straight across for now.
I’m curious I have one issue I don’t have an answer for yet and that is with the CC wiring kit, it comes with the sensor that goes into the coolant sensor port in the front of the manifold. Which means I have to pull the old one out. I’m wondering, if I do that and attach the new one (and of course this is my ignorance..)Will the computer return all the timing because that sensor is not attached anymore. Since it has nothing to read??
32B3684D-D31A-48D5-8D28-F30160B0E9D2.jpeg
73F067E0-0D36-469B-B175-B11C9B2BA6B1.jpeg
6040C6F5-72FE-4033-8BB0-B9BCE3241A21.jpeg

I called CC about the sensor, and their wiring kit. You must use the new sensor so the relay works properly.
42302C36-6CEA-408C-A46B-7CE1125A1E6D.jpeg

Pin 30 - Red/Black strip
Pin 87 - Solid Red
Pin 85 - White (rocker or toggle switch)
Pin 86 - Blue (splice gauge wire into this wire, or tee in.)
Sensor trips the relay @ 175° - 195°
(Turns fans on, nothing to do with thermostat.)

I had to remove the bracket that holds the A/C condenser lines to make room for the transmission cooler lines. I also thought it might be a good idea to isolate a bit of vibration with some specialty handy rubber hose chunks. Still not to sure if the lines are in the right place to plug straight into the existing line but the 8” 5/16 tube is cheap.

So, I ordered the Caspers dual Spal fan wiring kit for down the road, after I switch the ECU etc, etc.. what a nice piece! Beautifully made. However. It will only work with an 86-87 engine harness and computer. If you have a pre-86 model get the CC wiring kit. It is easy to instal, almost Pn’P. It only has one relay vs. Casper dual relay. I believe that has something to do with the computer. CC’s kit is more analog.

Got it completed!!
6AE26EE5-4422-4352-B5C9-8E439F832A9C.jpeg
AB2F93E3-FEA1-409C-BE7A-7F75B5CCBA60.jpeg

Attachments

• EB162D26-FFEF-4DB5-BE32-47BAF2CBFED0.jpeg
    EB162D26-FFEF-4DB5-BE32-47BAF2CBFED0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • 037F4DC9-5029-4C7A-B607-2C9602051C0C.jpeg
    037F4DC9-5029-4C7A-B607-2C9602051C0C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
So I thought I would mention that when I installed the radiator some guys were talking about trimming their upper rubbers I did not have to do that. What I did instead was took some 3/4” fuel hose and used that as the resting place for the radiator underneath in the rad support. I cut three 4 inch lengths and then one cut a straight down the middle of each one and just unfolded the two the sit on the outside to clamp (if you would) onto the spots where the other rubbers used to be. The third one was just for insurance in the middle. You will never see what is underneath that radiator so it doesn’t really matter how it looks but I made it look good anyways. I wish I would have took pictures so everyone could see but when you pull your radiator out to do this job you will notice right away what I’m talking about. And yes you definitely have to cut that tab behind the latch in order for the radiator to fit. The rest of it fits perfectly except on the cold Case radiator the transmission lines to the cooler are on the front of the transmission of the cold case rather than the back like the original. I just bought 28 inch pieces of 5/16 line and bent it to fit. They are very close to your AC cooler so be mindful when you put the radiator in to make sure that no metal on metal contact exists. Also be mindful that a lot of the parts on the AC cooler are aluminum and are soft. Too much pressure could dent or puncture a line. The cold case fan and shroud kit look beautiful on the radiator, however I had some issues with the wiring from cold case, if you use it it works deadly if you hotwire it, however I found that there is some problem with the relay or the instructions which I haven’t totally figured out yet but the fan will not kick on when it is supposed to if you use the relay. Personally I prefer to have the fan on whenever I’m driving it anyway it makes me feel better. Other than those issues it is plug-and-play. Just take your time and look very closely all around it where you have it sitting and be careful not to damage the fins on the radiator. I had to pull my rad out about five or six times before I had it right. Anybody who uses this set up is going to be happy I promise you. My car in particular runs very hot so the extra cooling made a huge difference. And yes I am running a 160° thermostat.

ShaunKris.....did you use the sensor they provide or did you wire into fan plug and have the ecu kick them on and off??