Coilpack for TR6

turbofrank

Today my TR 6 Delco coilpack needed replacing. About a month ago car would miss and hesitate on startup and last abut 5 min into driving . After that car ran perfect. Close inspection of coil tower#2 showed burned area and corrosion . Purchased new coil from Advance Auto Parts BWD igniton coil E914 $64.44 after 20% Discount.

Today my TR 6 Delco coilpack needed replacing. About a month ago car would miss and hesitate on startup and last abut 5 min into driving . After that car ran perfect. Close inspection of coil tower#2 showed burned area and corrosion . Purchased new coil from Advance Auto Parts BWD igniton coil E914 $64.44 after 20% Discount.
Heads up on the TR6 be sure and have the latest software as the other ones over drives the coil pack and burns them out.

I have only had good luck with the Delco branded coils. The aftermarket ones seems to give trouble

latest update is within the last few years.

you can see the software version by turning on Mode2 while the key is on (engine does not need to be running) and watch the red LED blink out the version number. Yours will be 2.1 ( blink .. blink ........ blink )

Bob