cbar_tx

I'm usually able to find out what I need to know by using that magnifying glass box thingy but this particular setup doesn't appear to produce much results relevant to what I need to know before I fork over the $$$. I posted my question in the Ridetech install thread Scott posted but I'm ready to roll with this so hopefully more of you turbo heads will see it here.

Anyone happen to have coilovers installed with the RJC 3in crossover exhaust? I've got mine installed and about to replace this flowmaster thing I've got.

I'm wondering about the clearance I'll have because adjusting the muffler inlet pipe and tailpipe may limit what I can do as far as clearance for the shocks. Plus I'm a major n00b (who insists on doing everything myself) so...

Here's some pics. The ones on top are what I've got now and the bottom is what I want. Any info/advice would be much appreciated.

aaTWSR6.jpg

You should be fine on fitment!

ok cool. I got some other questions about my plan if you wouldn't mind me bouncing off you. You did a lot of the work on that dude Rich's GNXSquared? Are those the expensive ass JWSpeaker headlights he's got? and he just did away with hi-beam? Or is there a way to do convert to a hi/lo setup with just 2 led headlights?

I'm trying to plan out on my lighting situation want to update the headlights but definitely not halogen, or any of the hundred million sketchy looking hid kits. I don't want my car to catch fire or make people go blind and crash into me. That basically leaves me with LEDs but not the kind that fit into some goofy looking housing that sprays light everywhere.

What I really want to do is make it so the two inner two headlights are auto daytime running lights/turn signals and the 2 outers hi/lo led or something like the lo beam Jw's if hi/lo isn't possible and convert the turn signals on the bumper into fog lamps. I know it sounds like craziness but that's the only way I can justify spending $1,000 dollars on freakin headlights.

I also know that the digi-tails side marker options leave you with an either or situation as far as turn signals and running lights. Or has that changed? I'd like to keep sidemarker functionality as is. Hopefully it's possible replacing the lamps with 194 led bulbs. I don't know yet.

The photo below is kinda what I'm after but I don't want to mix and match bezel colors and wish there is less expensive way (that won't end up just being junk).

Sorry to bombard you with a load of questions. Any advice to help me accomplish this would be appreciated even if it's just telling me I'm being unreasonable lolz. I've spent hours looking at headlights and harness options but have yet to bounce my ideas off someone who actually knows stuff. Most of the headlight threads are kinda old or just have info on simple hid conversions. Oh, and just so you know, I've already decided to get my tail lights from you. (being a board sponsor and all) Plus, my RideTech kit came from GNS and that transaction was smooth as can be. I appreciate that btw.

Attachments

• glue_20170307_132136.jpg
    glue_20170307_132136.jpg
    666 KB · Views: 100
ok cool. I got some other questions about my plan if you wouldn't mind me bouncing off you. You did a lot of the work on that dude Rich's GNXSquared? Are those the expensive ass JWSpeaker headlights he's got? and he just did away with hi-beam? Or is there a way to do convert to a hi/lo setup with just 2 led headlights?

Yes we did a Bunch of the work on his car and are doing more as we speak.
Yes those are the JWspeaker LED headlights and we just did away with the high beams cause those are so nice and bright .
There no way to convert them to Hi & Low as one light that I know of...

I also know that the digi-tails side marker options leave you with an either or situation as far as turn signals and running lights. Or has that changed? I'd like to keep sidemarker functionality as is. Hopefully it's possible replacing the lamps with 194 led bulbs. I don't know yet.

That has not changed due to the original wiring from GM. Give it a try and replace the 194's with LED's that should work fine, The issue is with our Digital LED's in front cause of load / draw...

Sorry to bombard you with a load of questions. Any advice to help me accomplish this would be appreciated even if it's just telling me I'm being unreasonable lolz. I've spent hours looking at headlights and harness options but have yet to bounce my ideas off someone who actually knows stuff. Most of the headlight threads are kinda old or just have info on simple hid conversions. Oh, and just so you know, I've already decided to get my tail lights from you. (being a board sponsor and all) Plus, my RideTech kit came from GNS and that transaction was smooth as can be. I appreciate that btw.
Thanks! Your welcome to call us anytime.

I'm trying to plan out on my lighting situation want to update the headlights but definitely not halogen, or any of the hundred million sketchy looking hid kits. I don't want my car to catch fire or make people go blind and crash into me. That basically leaves me with LEDs but not the kind that fit into some goofy looking housing that sprays light everywhere.

What I really want to do is make it so the two inner two headlights are auto daytime running lights/turn signals and the 2 outers hi/lo led or something like the lo beam Jw's if hi/lo isn't possible and convert the turn signals on the bumper into fog lamps. I know it sounds like craziness but that's the only way I can justify spending $1,000 dollars on freakin headlights.

The photo below is kinda what I'm after but I don't want to mix and match bezel colors and wish there is less expensive way (that won't end up just being junk).

Not sure , but thought you might be interested: I've got a pair of brand new (never installed ) 4" x 6" Starr XP-46566 Bi Zenon HID Projector headlights available for sale that should do the trick for you.
These rare headlights feature a motorized flapper that allows hi / low beam function directing the light on the road with no glare & crisp sharp definition utilizing high quality projector optics and have polycarbonate lens. These were typically used on emergency vehicles like ambulances and fire trucks which still use a 4" x 6" headlight. system. Included are a pair of 35W electronic ballasts & wiring harness...only needs D1 HID bulbs to function. $200 plus shipping

Attachments

• Starr 4x6 BiZenon HID Projectors1.jpg
    Starr 4x6 BiZenon HID Projectors1.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 88
Not sure , but thought you might be interested: I've got a pair of brand new (never installed ) 4" x 6" Starr XP-46566 Bi Zenon HID Projector headlights available for sale that should do the trick for you...

I might be. Couple questions tho.
What's the "color temp" rating?
Do you happen know what it will take to convert our 4 headlight system to properly utilize the bi-xenon system?

I believe the color temp would be whatever you chose, as it looks like you would have to purchase the bulbs.
Connect the HID ballast to the low beam plug to ignite the light bulb.
Connect the high beam plug to the motorized flapper (solenoid actoator) that raises the cut off shield which gives you high beams. The lights may even have a socket for the high beam plug to connect to.
This should help a little until 1KWIKSIX adds the specifics.

Yup, agree with the above.
For the light output colour, you simply choose what you want when ordering the D1S bulbs....I'd suggest choosing 4300K to 5000K for the best light output.
These install on the car in the outboard (Low Beam Headlight) position and will yield both high & low beam , depending on what you activate. Your High Beam Headlights (Inboard) remain as is and when High beam is called for all 4 headlights will be on high.
I'd suggest you change your High Beams to a Bosch E code H1 headlight with a 100 watt halogen bulb. You would have a killer lighting set up this way. The wiring harness supplied may need some finessing for the installation, but it's all there. May be best to have someone who is savvy with electrical wiring to help with the installation of this.

https://www.octanelighting.com/p-15...clear-sealed-beam-headlamp-headlight-set.aspx

I put these LED headlights on last summer and they look good. Plug & play, no additional wires to run or ballasts to deal with, pins are swappable as power wires on lights are configured different pattern than in the car but same exact plug
Light pattern on lo is a "T", top 5 LEDs and middle one on outer lights only, hi beams light up all 60 LEDs on all 4 lights, its insane and I never have them on

https://www.octanelighting.com/p-15...clear-sealed-beam-headlamp-headlight-set.aspx

I put these LED headlights on last summer and they look good. Plug & play, no additional wires to run or ballasts to deal with, pins are swappable as power wires on lights are configured different pattern than in the car but same exact plug
Light pattern on lo is a "T", top 5 LEDs and middle one on outer lights only, hi beams light up all 60 LEDs on all 4 lights, its insane and I never have them on

Awesome thanks!!! I appreciate yalls replies and info. I'm all over the place with this thing trying to get it done and learning as much as possible as I go. Trying to plan out everything is hard being my first experience with many of these things but this board has proven to be immensely valuable.

@1KWIKSIX I was trying to stay away from the hid's but its definitely not off the table. When I figure out that part I'll give you a holler.

Not sure , but thought you might be interested: I've got a pair of brand new (never installed ) 4" x 6" Starr XP-46566 Bi Zenon HID Projector headlights available for sale that should do the trick for you.
These rare headlights feature a motorized flapper that allows hi / low beam function directing the light on the road with no glare & crisp sharp definition utilizing high quality projector optics and have polycarbonate lens. These were typically used on emergency vehicles like ambulances and fire trucks which still use a 4" x 6" headlight. system. Included are a pair of 35W electronic ballasts & wiring harness...only needs D1 HID bulbs to function. $200 plus shipping
do these fit in the stock retainer ring? i notice it bows out quite a bit - or do you have to fab something up?

Yes, the headlight retaining ring will fit over the lens affixing it to the headlight bucket. It has a stepped ledge around the perimeter that allows the stock retaining ring to be used.
Because of the extra length of the motorized mechanism, you will need to open up the hole in your headlight bucket slightly in order for it to fit.