Coil over in rear. Who's done it

87GN 98GTP

Andrew
I'm debating on getting rear coil overs the car is mainly a cruiser and a little bit at the track I have full rear suspension besides that and drag shocks too. Is this worth it? As they are 500 bucks

I did coil overs front and back and I am glad I did. I am the type that is never satisfied with ride height so I am glad I have the option to adjust. Also being able to adjust firmness goes a long way when trying to achieve ride quality or fine tuning for the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Not too worried bout ride height as I like oem or close to it. But want to adjust rear for lanching

image.jpg
Ive done two cars so far and love how it worked on both. My GN and friend's UNREAL X. Of course, I do sell them and like to use whatever parts I sell on my own stuff.

Last edited:
i'm running the ridetech adjustable coilovers (at all corners) on my 87ttop .had them installed with the 8.5 rear and now using with a moser 9" with same hardware
the brackets to run the coilover shocks are a bolt on deal that uses the existing bolt holes for the upper and lower brackets .. at the bottom it uses the oe shock hole and the lower control arm bolt , the upper uses a bolt in plate allowing through bolt install for the upper mounting

I'm debating on getting rear coil overs the car is mainly a cruiser and a little bit at the track I have full rear suspension besides that and drag shocks too. Is this worth it? As they are 500 bucks

My opinion is spend your 500 bucks on a HR anti-roll bar and that along with your stock suspension will perform great at the track as well as on the street.

If you remove the front sway bar for better traction when launching street or strip, you will still have a good handling GN.

I am not a street racer, but I do not want to be embarrassed on the street when challenged! ;)

I've had some QA1 coil overs in the rear of my car for several months now and to date, I can say that I'm happy with them. :) I also like the fact that I can adjust the height of the car to finally get rid of the tires rubbing against the fender lip when going over small bumps. (y)

Claude.
IMG_2618.JPG

Thanks guys. Definitely getting them as my springs and shocks may be getting worn out. And adjust. And I do have the hr rear sway bar