Code Throwin' Question :-)

OneQuikV6

Automotively bi-curious
For all the gurus here: Why would my car, all of a sudden out of the blue, throw a code 13, 23, and 34 all pretty much at the same time? I know what they mean individually, but is there perhaps a correlation between them all three going at once? Was just cruisin down the street, most likely 35 mph or so. Car was running fine and still is...just has the codes. Was running the remains of a 5 gallon jug of 112 btw;) Only put about 10 gallons of the good stuff through the motor total, in 5 gallon increments, fwiw.

Any ideas??

I can't remember those it has been so long. What does the book say they are? I will search because you got me thinking.

You probably had a 13 stored from the race fuel previously (did you clear them last time you had a 13, or just change the sensor?). Then the MAF hiccuped and you got that code. I forget off the top of my head what 23 is. Oh yea, MAT low. Do you have the MAT plugged in (Assuming you have a cold air setup)?

I dont think the codes are related. I think you have a bad MAF.

They list some potential causes in there too. Put a new O2 in if you didn't already and clear the codes. See if they come back.

Hey all,

To answer a few of the questions. The Computer was just reset yesterday while doing the AC, so there were no stored codes. The O2 sensor is probably in need of replacement, but had never coded before. The MAF and MAT are plugged in (I figured I'd forgotten them while working on the AC) so I'm a bit stumped. Have the Translator and 3" MAF ready to go in...actually already wored just not wired to the ECM wire yet and hooked up, so that will cure the MAF problem. Just thought they might all be related.