CNC porting head porting or the "old fashioned way"

Don't you already have a set of ported irons already?turn the wick up.
Yes I've been up to 29#
My race weight is 3900
And I've trapped 129
Now I've collected a brand new set of ta si heads,champion intake,dual fuel pumps,and all the new accessories to put this stuff together.
When I got the heads I was looking inside the ports and was really surprised at the way they looked.

Last edited:
Just having driven a couple cars with ported irons I can say the seat of the pants difference is definitely there. Even down low. My main concern with my car is to get it to feel as strong from a light as possible. Heads are where I'm looking next.

Just having driven a couple cars with ported irons I can say the seat of the pants difference is definitely there. Even down low. My main concern with my car is to get it to feel as strong from a light as possible. Heads are where I'm looking next.
yeah the good old "ASSMOMETER'

Last edited:
Yes I've been up to 29#
My race weight is 3900
And I've trapped 129
Now I've collected a brand new set of ta si heads,champion intake,dual fuel pumps,and all the new accessories to put this stuff together.
When I got the heads I was looking inside the ports and was really surprised at the way they looked.
Is 29psi all the boost it will make?129mph @3900lbs sounds like your ready for a bigger turbo or the car needs to be lightened not aluminum heads.

Is 29psi all the boost it will make?129mph @3900lbs sounds like your ready for a bigger turbo or the car needs to be lightened not aluminum heads.
Yeah probably......that would be a whole nother thread if I listened to.........
But I ended up in this situation so here I go.
Gonna make the best of what I got.
Going to run with this then run a bigger turbo and have fun with it.

Yeah probably......that would be a whole nother thread if I listened to.........
But I ended up in this situation so here I go.
Gonna make the best of what I got.
Going to run with this then run a bigger turbo and have fun with it.
Good to have a plan.fun is the key,these cars can get past that point into the realm of race car/pita your making good power looking at your trap and weight.