Clinical Analyst, IT etc. Anyone involved with this in you career?

JOHNDEEREGN

Staff member
My wife has worked with McKesson, Siemens, and now Cerner applications as a Clinical Analyst.

We are looking to relocate in the next year or so and was just curious if any of you are involved in the IT/Records Management of Health Care.

Any help in advance would be great before we go to a Headhunter firm.

Take Care,

Ty

While not on the medical side of the house, I have been employed in IT since around 1998. The one thing I am so thankful for is understanding the need for compliance and given the opportunity to learn those processes. If your wife has any background in document/records management with the compliance disciplines, she will be fine in just about any shop. There are some pretty good IT contract and placement agencies, but some that are not so good. I am currently doing some really fun things as an IT contractor for government projects.

Things to get started when looking for a new IT home.

1) Linkedin.com It is a great place for her to have a professional online presence. IM me and I can give her my profile info for some ideas. There are some of my contacts that choose to tell everything about themselves professionally, but mine is accomplishments without listing previous employment. Listing previous employers can be an unfortunate way to get help identity thieves.

2) Look at IT job postings for the area you are looking to move to. Anything medical and IT will have options in pretty much everywhere.

3) Use some of the great resources that IT staffing agencies can provide. I have dealt with a few, some good, some bad and some really great ones. They get some of your pay doing contract work, but it can still have great income without having to work overtime for free. Teksystems is a national IT talent placement agency that has served me well in the past. They can take her resume and run it through the positions they know about needing to be filled and eventually find something. I have respect for them, but remember, they are there for you and should help in any way possible. The fly-by-night contract houses scare me, so I avoid them.

4) Make sure you guys laugh at things.
IT work can be very stressful sometimes/all the time. Keep things in perspective where there are two types of IT problems.

- 1 Those are ones that an IT person can solve and remain employed.
-2 Are company problems that management, users or who ever else has made a mess so large it intrudes in your personal time and happiness for extended periods of time. Leave those problems with the company and go find another job. You can laugh at #2 as you turn in your resignation. Not all companies are intelligent and there is a price for that deficiency.

What area are you looking at moving to?

While not on the medical side of the house, I have been employed in IT since around 1998. The one thing I am so thankful for is understanding the need for compliance and given the opportunity to learn those processes. If your wife has any background in document/records management with the compliance disciplines, she will be fine in just about any shop. There are some pretty good IT contract and placement agencies, but some that are not so good. I am currently doing some really fun things as an IT contractor for government projects.

Things to get started when looking for a new IT home.

1) Linkedin.com It is a great place for her to have a professional online presence. IM me and I can give her my profile info for some ideas. There are some of my contacts that choose to tell everything about themselves professionally, but mine is accomplishments without listing previous employment. Listing previous employers can be an unfortunate way to get help identity thieves.

2) Look at IT job postings for the area you are looking to move to. Anything medical and IT will have options in pretty much everywhere.

3) Use some of the great resources that IT staffing agencies can provide. I have dealt with a few, some good, some bad and some really great ones. They get some of your pay doing contract work, but it can still have great income without having to work overtime for free. Teksystems is a national IT talent placement agency that has served me well in the past. They can take her resume and run it through the positions they know about needing to be filled and eventually find something. I have respect for them, but remember, they are there for you and should help in any way possible. The fly-by-night contract houses scare me, so I avoid them.

4) Make sure you guys laugh at things.
IT work can be very stressful sometimes/all the time. Keep things in perspective where there are two types of IT problems.

- 1 Those are ones that an IT person can solve and remain employed.
-2 Are company problems that management, users or who ever else has made a mess so large it intrudes in your personal time and happiness for extended periods of time. Leave those problems with the company and go find another job. You can laugh at #2 as you turn in your resignation. Not all companies are intelligent and there is a price for that deficiency.

What area are you looking at moving to?
Thanks a bunch, I will PM you my info this weekend when I get home. Great advice and greatly appreciated. Ty

the are at least 4 cerner bldgs in kcmo. One next to speedway in kcks
Yeah, that thing is beautiful by the Speedway. Cerner actually bought out Siemens so that would be her preference. She is getting a resume professionally done, and trying to make some inner contacts there, that always helps!

Thanks Guys, greatly appreciated!

Ty