Clevite bearings from Mike Licht-picture inside

Interesting, this how you really feel?
Yes, absolutely. Are you serious? I was handed a rattling vibrating dog after a heavy ass investment, not for long though. Be glad to share with you all the corrected problems when the time comes.

Yes, absolutely. Are you serious? I was handed a rattling vibrating dog after a heavy ass investment, not for long though. Be glad to share with you all the corrected problems when the time comes.
Go for it!

If King would have had bearings available,there would be no problem.
Should we blame King?
Should some fascist government officials force King to prioritize the production of Buick v6 engine bearings for the 3 Buick v6 engines that need them each year?
My advise to the OP is to wait for King to release a new run of bearings.
I finally installed their bearings and was very impressed with their uniformity when I measured them and am very impressed with how they looked when I took the engine apart this year. I hope I'm never forced to use trimetal bearing again. If I am,I will at least use coated ones.

If King would have had bearings available,there would be no problem.
Should we blame King?
Should some fascist government officials force King to prioritize the production of Buick v6 engine bearings for the 3 Buick v6 engines that need them each year?
My advise to the OP is to wait for King to release a new run of bearings.
I finally installed their bearings and was very impressed with their uniformity when I measured them and am very impressed with how they looked when I took the engine apart this year. I hope I'm never forced to use trimetal bearing again. If I am,I will at least use coated ones.

I wondered if OP was going to coat the bearings.........

There is no such thing as good oil. There are only 2 types of oil,some and none. The superior bearing shows itself to be superior when there is none.

Question here.

The OP presented some pitted bearings, never mentioned oiling issues, just pitted bearings.

That said, when the bearing gets no oil, and takes a shit, it's :

A. Owner's fault
B. Builder's fault
C. Bearing manufacture's fault
D. Oil producers fault
E. Vendor's fault
F. No one's fault
G. Everyone's fault
H. Some random LS swapped guy's fault

Tell us, oh wise and greater mind than all herein..........:)

Inquiring minds need to know........

Last edited:
The OP presented some pitted bearings, never mentioned oiling issues, just pitted bearings.
The OP showed us pictures of bearings that he never wanted to purchase in the first place. He wanted King bearings. I also prefer King bearings so I gave him 2 reasons why I like them and suggested that he wait for the Kings to become available again. In post #3,RED LS1 gave a testimony about why he likes King bearings. I have no comment on the pitted bearings nor do I have any desire to place blame as I see no malicious behavior. My only reason for posting is to offer more reasons to the OP for him to favor king bearings and to encourage him to be patient.

Mike was forced to sell bearings that he wouldn't prefer to use in his own engine.
The OP was forced to buy bearings that he doesn't prefer to use.
This is but 1 example why Mike and the OP favor King bearings.

I retrieved some of the old photos I had when I had the Clevite bearing issue. I'm just posting to further the conversation about the product being poor. You can see how they stack the end to end and I highlighted

Not Random but DELIBERATE LS swap guys fault. :whistle:

Note to self: Keep stock BUICK built motor running another 100K or 5 years, it's only got 235K on it and who knows what oil was in it the first 15 years of it's life. o_O

Not Random but DELIBERATE LS swap guys fault. :whistle:

Note to self: Keep stock BUICK built motor running another 100K or 5 years, it's only got 235K on it and who knows what oil was in it the first 15 years of it's life. o_O
I’m doing a deliberate LS turbo swap (see lsx tech), but not blaming the bearing issue on that.