Clevite bearings from Mike Licht-picture inside

Quiky One

I received these bearings from Mike Licht. He said he couldn’t tell anything from the picture. :rolleyes: Seriously? You can’t tell anything from the picture? He did tell me to wipe it down with mineral spirits. You expect me to run these in my new steel crank motor? Here’s the picture…

Jason

Attachments

• 911F3F39-1F93-429C-A1F9-0054564D3A73.jpeg
    911F3F39-1F93-429C-A1F9-0054564D3A73.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 350
I put together a couple SBF motors over the years. I found out at some point that when ordering Clevite bearings I had to order 3 packs of them through Summit. I would hand pick the ones that were usable to get what I needed and send the rest back. They stacked them up on top of each other with poor packaging and the sides of the bearings were gouged on almost every bearing. I started ordering King bearings after that and they come individual in a tray which solved that problem.

The Scotch-Brite comment made me laugh. :LOL: Maybe for a thrust bearing for a Briggs & Stratton that needs to cut one more quarter acre lot.

I’m just mainly disappointed in how Mike handled it. For him to say he couldn’t see anything on the picture (again, really?!?!?!?!?) and to spend more money in shipping than the bearing is worth without even an offer of a shipping label (yes I understand how warranty‘s work) ... i’ve spent COUNTLESS thousands of dollars with Fullthrottle over the years and feel like a second rate citizen. I don’t expect preferential treatment, but I do expect good customer service for a loyal customer. Mineral spirits...come on now. I may have been born at night, but it wasn’t last night and I’m not a complete moron.

RED LS1- I originally ordered king bearings, but they are out of stock everywhere. If someone has a line on them I would love to get my hands on them. That’s my number one choice due to this exact circumstance.

Thanks all, Jason

Wow Quiky! If you can't see the issue your blind! Surprised to hear this conflict. Been buying parts off FTS for 15 years without any issue... looks like I'm going elsewhere for bearings. Sry Quiky, I'd be fkn pissed.

o_Oo_Oo_O I might use those in my weed whacker. I'm guessing he offered a full refund? I understand they are just drop shipping or passing them along but it looks like Clevite bearings are not the best choice anymore. I hope he stops selling them. Thank god the engine shop did'nt attempt to "wipe them down with mineral spirits" and install them.

If you want King bearings you’re gonna be waiting for them for a long time

pretty simple, i didn't even have the picture when we talked, cant tell if its a defect or some dirt that needs to be cleaned and I told you on the phone to send them back and we would just send you a new set. not much else i can do. Sorry Clevite didn't do their job, King wont have Buick V6 bearings until the end of 2020. If you want a refund send them back, that is not a problem either.

No, not "pretty simple" I'm actually the person with whom ordered the bearings and who you talked to. Jason was notified of this delay by me,because it is his engine that I'm building,and the conversation you and I had about it.
While we were on the phone, before I arrived at the conclusion you were not interested in being accommodating I specifically told you " I just sent pictures to your wife's e-mail" and to which you replied " I can't tell anything from a picture", so that's not "pretty simple". You put the Onus on me, the paying customer, to do better prep work with mineral spirits, as everyone does you say, and see how it goes. When I asked if you would replace them, you told me I had to send them back first, and then we'd go from there,because, as you said "that's how warranties work". What I was expecting was for you to say, sorry, sometimes there's defects and I'll ship a new set out right away and you can send the defective ones back within a said time period before billing me again. But no, as I was warned, you just came out of the gate defensive and condescending.
I asked Jason not to post because well, nobody wins an argument on the internet, but I won't let you revise our phone call to show lack of evidence.
I came to your website via an internet search of these specific King bearings, and having full knowledge that they were on national back order everywhere, when your site showed no signs of NOT being able to get them I assumed you had stock piled some, good for me...but no...6-7 days later I'm informed you don't have them and won't till much later....information that you should have known and had your web admin update as "out of stock" like every other Buick vendor's website states. Instead, you took my money, delayed my project and substituted Clevites (which I agreed to) only to be looking at another delay of who knows how long.
I'm not looking for a remedy here, I'm not looking for another set of bearings from you, I'm not looking for a response from you either Mike. I just wanted people to know it's not "pretty simple".

Mike didn't manufacture the bearings. Vendors just sell parts, they don't inspect everything that goes out the door. Just buy another set and return those. This is how it works.

Your attitude often determines how helpful the vendor is. I'll jump through hoops for my customers if they're understanding and treat me like a human being rather than play the customer-is-always-right routine.

Mike didn't manufacture the bearings. Vendors just sell parts, they don't inspect everything that goes out the door. Just buy another set and return those. This is how it works.

Your attitude often determines how helpful the vendor is. I'll jump through hoops for my customers if they're understanding and treat me like a human being rather than play the customer-is-always-right routine.
I’ve been nothing but kind, generous, and patient with both Mike and Marianne over the years. I think they both would attest to that. They met me when I was 14 years old and I bought their very first set of 60 pound injectors in person, in BG. The customer is not always right. Believe me, I’m in an industry and I know that.

I don’t want to turn this into a pissing match. I’m not going to. Just wanted to post this and people can read it how they see fit.

Thanks, Jason

Right off the bat, he should have said "I'll get another set right out"

Last edited:

You would think, & good for you if u actually do this. In my experience people increasingly take your kindness for weakness, I've had it shoved up my ass repeatedly despite striving to be a good customer. Keep up the good work :)

You would think, & good for you if u actually do this. In my experience people increasingly take your kindness for weakness, I've had it shoved up my ass repeatedly despite striving to be a good customer. Keep up the good work :)

That’s exactly right. The nicer you are, the further it gets shoved up your ass. I’ve learned this 100x over in this hobby.

that's why i'm giving up on theses cars and the people after 33 years, You work on these cars for people and you get the shaft and they use you ., Don't even offer you anything and you get bash to no end.

Interesting, this how you really feel?