Clean, Fast White T in Connecticut

Bens87tr

Former Owner, 87T
I've finally gotten all the details and pics ready to go.

History:
I purchased this car back in 1998. Car had been repainted before I bought it due to being hit in the right front from failed powermaster. It had 85K on the clock then and now has 106K miles. It's only been a summer fun car for me and has been stored every winter. I just had the motor rebuilt some 3K miles ago (read further for details). It's been fun, but it's time to go.

Basics:
White with blackout package / burgundy interior / t-tops / tinted windows / black GTA wheels (four fronts) / posi rear / body bushings have been done / PST rubber front end kit has been done / front frame braces / rear seat brace / trunk carpet kit / A/C delete with champion bracket (heater box still in car) / GN spoiler / (needs headliner) / battery 1 year old

Engine:
Only 3k miles on recent rebuild (broken in with EOS, oil changed with ZDDP plus)
Russ Merritt built 109 - 212/212 flat tappet cam (cam and lifters were cryo treated) / beehive springs / ported iron heads / ported intake / cometic headgaskets / .030 over TRW forged pistons / double roller timing chain / billet center mains / heavy duty rocker shafts
Engine was done right - magnafluxed, shot peened, external balnce, etc.
Over $4K in engine alone. (Russ can chime in if I've missed anything important)

Transmission:
Freshened stock / 2800 stall 9-11 converter (not billet) / external cooler
Trans shifts nice, but would need to be beefed up for serious track time.

Performance add-ons:
TE63 turbo / PTE front mount / 55# injectors / ECM modified for low impedance injectors / ported stock throttle body / Alkycontrol single nozzle kit / translator + / ATR 3" downpipe / Tial 38MM external wastegate / Cotton's dual 2.5" exhaust / Accufab FP regulator / hotwired Walbro 307 pump (old, recommend replacing) / Scanmaster 2.1 / Greddy electronic boost controller / EGT meter / Line lock / larger wheel cylinders / vacuum brake conversion /

While it's not a show car it does turn heads and gets a lot of compliments wherever I go. As posted it is located in CT. I do not want to ship this car.

Asking $9,500

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

See all 45 pictures here: Pictures by Bens87tr - Photobucket

I'm in Boston but I'll be in CT three days next week on business, can the car be seen during the day?

Dave
1974 Corvette L-82 Convertible

That my friends is a HAWT looking White T! Good price as well, good luck with the sale!

Ty

Has There Ever Been Any Rust Issues On This Car? Does The The Trans In It Right Now Does Not Slip Now. IS THAT THE FACTORY WINDOW TINT?? Thanks

No rust issues that I'm aware of. Small bubble started on the right door towards the front wheel. Again, the car was painted before I bought it. The undercarriage looks great. A coat of oil from leaking buick engines (previous engine that is) does wonders. The car has been garaged for 10+ years and seen rain only a handful of times. I tried to represent it as best as possible with over 40 pictures in the album (t-top area, body panels, etc.). The car is not perfect, but it sure is better than a lot out there. If you're serious come take a look. I want to stay local, but I'm willing to bring it out 20-30 minutes away for a serious buyer to check out.

Thanks for the positive feedback. :cool:

I almost forgot... Not factory tinting (t-tops are factory tinted). If I remember correctly it's 30% tint - whatever the darkest that is legal in CT.

Do you have pics of the door inside bottoms, door jambs, trunk jamb. You know, where the normal issues are for these cars. I didnt see them in the photo bucket pics. Sorry for the previous typos, just re-read it. :)

I will try and grab some more pics for the gallery this weekend as asked. Weather is kind of iffy and my condo garage is rather small, but I will give it a shot.
Thanks to all of those who have inquired.

where the f was this car last year when I bought mine....perfect color combo, awesome price...and right around the corner from me...good luck, looks like someone is going to get an awesome car

where the f was this car last year when I bought mine....perfect color combo, awesome price...and right around the corner from me...good luck, looks like someone is going to get an awesome car

LOL.
Last year this time I was waiting for the birth of our first child. So this car was in my garage collecting dust...