Cold weather engine miss

Reggie West

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
GN has a Classic FAST on it. Wideband 02 went out on it and replaced it.

Put it back in and now the car will not start at all. The only way I can get it to start and run is by gas pedal at 50% or so and cranking it. Then it starts right up and will idle like its normal self. This is happening at cold start. Cranking fuel did not change.

I did notice that spark counts go to 0 at times then pops back to 3 to 4 counts. Any correlation between the two?

Thanks

Any other wiring moved, plugged/unplugged, etc?
TPS ok?
Will it start at any other tps, less than 50%?
At what % does the clear flood activate?

Any other wiring moved, plugged/unplugged, etc?
TPS ok?
Will it start at any other tps, less than 50%?
At what % does the clear flood activate?

All other wires are good. Checked that.
TPS is good and working.
Not sure at what percentage exactly, mu guess is 40 to 50 %

Just spitballin' here....On the no start, have you looked at the plugs, to see if they are getting doused?
Is the IAT reading correctly? I'm wondering if it's showing some -40*, and over fueling the start. You put it into clear flood, and it then starts.
KOEO, what do you see on the screen, for sensor reads?
Will it start at any other tps, less than 50%, but say, more than KOEO value? IE: 10%, 20%, etc.
Have you reloaded the tune?

What’s the whole story.. ils it one day it started and next day it acted up? Or are we talking something that sat for awhile at all?

Try unplugging o2 and starting?

The wide band is not active until closed loop is active, so changing it should not effect cold start. At 80% TPS it will go into clear flood mode.Low battery volts would cause a concern though.

The wide band is not active until closed loop is active, so changing it should not effect cold start. At 80% TPS it will go into clear flood mode.Low battery volts would cause a concern though.
Thank you Norbs.