CK Performance 4L80E Transmission

chris718

2004 Core built up and dyno tested with 34 elment sprag, 4340 billet input shaft,billet intermediate pressure plate,steel forward clutch hub with bearing, press in 4130 sun gear shaft, auto shift valve body ,new pan all new electronics etc. 1699.00 shipped in the continental USA . No transbrake, wiring can be converted to full manual .

A few things need to be changed. Do a search on the forum I think a few people on here have done it.

Chris, im interested. You stated this can handle 1k hp easily.. Just running through some of the parts you posted here and on your site its posted that the 34 element sprag :

commonly come across the description "high performance 34 element sprag and drum assembly”. Although this is much stronger than a stock spring and roller clutch assembly it does have its drawbacks. This industry accepted upgrade gets in trouble at 750 horsepower/750 foot pounds of torque, especially in drag cars with a transbrake or manual valve body that uses a fixed high line pressure

Not sure if i want a transbrake yet. 4k+ pound car 6.0 Turbo.. Looking for a minimum of 800/1k hp on E85 will this trans for sale stand up to that? Not trying to point you out or anything im asking respectively because i need a trans sooner or later this might be my oppurtunity.

Does this come with Warranty? Is this setup for LU or non LU?

With an auto shift valve body there is no fixed line pressure so the power output can be raised without there being a durability issue due to shock loadof the sprag.Warrantee is 1 year.If you feel more comfortable, call in and we can go into and over any specific details about the trasnmission. 631 218 1989 or 1048 I will be in the shop @ 10am,due to delay from the snow.Thanks.

With an auto shift valve body there is no fixed line pressure so the power output can be raised without there being a durability issue due to shock loadof the sprag.Warrantee is 1 year.If you feel more comfortable, call in and we can go into and over any specific details about the trasnmission. 631 218 1989 or 1048 I will be in the shop @ 10am,due to delay from the snow.Thanks.

Thanks, Chris.. I'll shoot you an email since im at work till later on in the day, have a few questions.

And to the guy who rated my post dumb - you have a PM

Hey Chris, I have a 4L80E in my GN now, but the pump is making noise. Its an early version, 1993 I believe. Is there anything I would need to change to run this one? I know its a newer version is why I'm asking. Thanks man!

Hey Chris, I have a 4L80E in my GN now, but the pump is making noise. Its an early version, 1993 I believe. Is there anything I would need to change to run this one? I know its a newer version is why I'm asking. Thanks man!
Nothing major,just the rear cooler line is alittle further back.BTW all the pump mods have been performed as well.

I'm still interested trying to sell off some buick stuff i need this! I know it's 1st come though

Recieved trans yesterday. Thanks Chris
Your welcome. With the war winding down the private military contractor/transporter we supply these units to no longer has any use for them. I had two on standby for backup and am ready to move these two as well if anyone is interested. I also have 2 2012 6L90E Suburban 8.1 units which are mdified with updated hub, shaft, and pump rotor. The program was good for us while it lasted.