Ck performance 4l80 parts and service are a joke !!!!!v

Ok, SO I was thinking of buy a 2004R/PSSTB from CKPerformance after reading this thread I am concerened. Are their trannys any good? Service after the sale?

Purchased a "Full Billet" 200-4R from Chris in September... got that, with the deep pan and bottom feeder pickup, and a pro-torque 3000 stall converter.

His 200-4Rs are both hydraulically tested, then installed in a test car to assure they do what it's supposed to before it leaves the shop.

I have had ZERO issues with mine. Shifts crisp at part throttle and is a BEAST at WOT...

Chris will ask you specifically for feedback after you recieve and install the trans. It took me a while to get the trans actually in the car and driving because of my incessant OCD... but once I was happy how it all went, it performed FLAWLESSLY.

I would have no problems buying again, and apparently, this thread seems to be a more miscommunication issue than a parts or service problem.

I am in business owner also and I agree with your statement. But problem is when you recieve the short end of the stick does your statement still apply?

No, not if it's legit. The problem is most people want something for nothing and just love to complain. There are ways to do things. Posting smack about a veteran vendor who is well established in the community is not the way to get results.

No, not if it's legit. The problem is most people want something for nothing and just love to complain. There are ways to do things. Posting smack about a veteran vendor who is well established in the community is not the way to get results.

Sometimes it is the way to get results.

I USED to do business with Chris on a weekly basis, so I have been a customer of his more than most here.

whats bad chris is still to this day has not got back with me on a trans that he built for a guy in alabama, that i sent him the valve body to him to fix that had a valve stuck in it.. it was a ford AOD YOU REMEMBER ME CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!1 256-601-6604 i think you was supposed to have someone in canada fix it..... maybe he cn chime in on this problem....

the problem here is not from the guys on the board that can build a good trans,,, mine is from customer service... i've had some good dealings from chris before,, but they are 1 thing me and him is trying to resolve,,,, all i know 1 of us is in the wrong and either of us should be man enough to post who ever it is and say so....

I phoned you and spoke to Drew Sharpe as well.Im sure Drew has contacted you by now.If he hasnt just call me and we can discuss your "issues".

I'll just say that he contacted me last night and he told me you did NOT send the valve body to him...SO YOU LIED!!!!!!!!!! but you said you did not even know who you sent it too anyways..... so you still need to send the valve body back to ME!!!!!!!!!!!.. i'll be looking for it....

SO what did drew tell you? i would like to know...

hello people: I'd like to say all these posts are noted and any one with any problems with any vendor should speak up and let it be heard.
IBBY

i'll agree to that,,,,,,,, but some people hate to admit that they was wrong and their ego cant take that....

I don't have an issue with CK products. I really like his shift kit. I have bought some billet parts,kits etc over the years. And the book. My overall experience was quick to charge your cc and slow it ship. In fact I recieved a bill from the cc before the parts. Got a bunch of excuses and a nasty phone call from an unlisted number. We agreed no longer to do business.

He is a good guy and has put a ton of work into the 200.He's been around a longtime so he must be doing something right.

I have never used a complete unit of his though.

I have bought (2004R) billet parts, valve body kits, servos, TH400 kits, parts and never had an ounce of trouble. Nothing but praise for the way the 200 valve body kit feels and shifts. I normally make my own valve body kits but the ones I have installed were at customer request and I am happy with the results and quality I have received. Especially from Michelle. She always remembers "Eric from NM" when I call in an order. :)