Chrome alternator kits

Jon Early

Hey all,

While rebuilding and repainting my alternator I thought it would be nice to dress it up with a chrome fan and fasteners. I'd leave the case and pulley alone. Can anybody point me to a good kit? So far I'm kind of interested in THIS ONE, but I'd prefer to buy from our vendors or members if possible. Plus, I really don't need the case or pulley.
1678795904294.png

Last edited:
What brand? Cost? Who sells it? I couldn't find anything, so I dissembled mine, glass beaded it, and painted it with cast aluminum and black paint. The chrome kit would be an improvement.
But after issues with Chrome pulleys, I will glass bead the pulley grooves.
I'M also looking for other polished and chrome stuff, ya know what they say: "if it don't go, chrome it!"
Anybody make a chrome or polished turbo cover?
TIMINATOR

Powermaster lists one for the GN CS144 style, I think Full Throttle used to sell them but don't see them any more on their website.
Powermaster website kinda sucks though, maybe Timinator can give them a call and get the scoop. :cool:

Page 85, 170A and 200A listted in chrome. Catalog is interactive on the home page of their website click on it.
37864 and 17864 part numbers.

My alternator has 120 A stamped on it, I took it apart, bead blasted and painted it, and had my local alternator shop brush, bearing, etc and assemble it, mine made 138 amps! Stock! I'll call and ask if the housings are interchangeable. I think the field winding and its stator is just wider on the higher amp models.
I will get the scoop and report the poop!
TIMINATOR