Chris, Dual feeding questions

jakeshoe

Chris,
You gave instructions on how to dual feed a 200-4R and not have shift problems.

OK,
I'm FINALLY assembling this thing and all is well so far. Need to put a bushing in the forward drum, machine OD apply piston for extra clutch, and I can finish the main drive.

You said in a previous post:
"dual feeding requires leaving out only the lip seal located on the hi drum .then in order to remove bind up /flaring you must install a 440 modulator cup plug in the case at the hi clutch feed passage and drill it out to .125 inch.next open the third accumulator hole in the plate that knocks off the band to .125/.145 inch .last install a 2004r governor ball into the reverse feed bolt that threads into the center support.we have not used this with any other servo except for the factory gnationalc or 200 3 speed pieces so results with any other combination can not be predicted and will need to be fine tuned.also it reduces brutal reverse apply with no throttle."

OK,
I don't have parts for a 440 laying around... and they do not list the cup plug seperately from my vendor, and I forgot to call and see if I could order one seperately today when I placed an order for some other stuff.
So I'll see if I can get them to send me one tomorrow..

A cup plug for the 200 will not work here I have extras of those for other applications?

Next you say to drill out the 3rd accum hole that knocks off the band to .125/.145.
There are 3 holes here per the ATSG, can you describe which is correct or give me a pic?

Thanks

boostmaster,
Do a search of the forum please. In my original post I gave the instructions as Chris stated.

There are other factors involved though so you might want to do a search before dual feeding just so you know the specifics.

But the instructions are up there /\ . :)

Hi Chris havnt noticed any recent posts from you, I have a 200r4 I’m building with all your internals curious about how you dual feed with your shift kit

Hi Chris havnt noticed any recent posts from you, I have a 200r4 I’m building with all your internals curious about how you dual feed with your shift kit

I would start a thread and ask your questions. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here to provide answers.

His shift kit is pretty well setup for a good dual feed that shouldn't have any bind or flare. You need to leave out the inner lip seal on the direct drum, remove the center sealing ring on the center support and block the feed passage in the center support bolt closest to the shift lever (A governor check ball works great). This mod shouldn't be done unless using a billet foward drum. The stocker or a hardened unit won't last long being dual fed. the last mod Chris usually did is the 3/2 control valve mod. which is flipping the 3/2 control valve and installing a small .25 cup plug or small .25" object of similar length in place of the stock spring into the bore first, then the valve/roll pin. If you don't have a cup plug but have an old front pump laying around you can steal the pump slide pivot spring. Hope this is clear and helps.

Thanks, I believe ive got some of them. The small ones chris includes in his shift kits are the ones I havent been able to find. I think they are smaller than the .250 . May be Im wrong?