chris at ck

skotty

chris
i picked up my trany at the border last thursday may 22nd
I installed it today may 30th,the thing sounds like it has marbles in it.
when i put it in reverse or 2nd there is also a scraping noise.THIS DOES NOT SOUND GOOD.I dont even wont to drive this thing.
You told me that you put this trany in a car & tested it?????????????
call me 403-870-3308 {not a happy camper} steve

Transmission was most definatelty tested prior to shipping .Before you get on an internet forum and post you should realize that we didnt supply you with a converter nor are we to blame if something happened during shipping,or if you broke the pump on installing it in the vehicle.If you are interested in getting results I suggest you use a different means.

disappointed

Thanks for the phone call, it's unfortunate that your attitude is so bad towards trying to remedy our problem. If in fact it was damaged during shipping the onus is on you to have had insurance. I paid you to rebuild a transmission and ship it back in working order. I find it highly unlikely that the pump was damaged by me installing the converter. My question to you is, if it is the pump that is damaged and if I install a new pump then will the rest of the transmission be okay?? I do not want to go through the hassle of sending you back the transmission and then take the chance of me not getting a refund because your attitude on the phone was very confrontational.

Be a Man

I agree with Chris,I hate when people write in to a public forum to bash someones name and reputation before the one being bashed has the chance to make things right.Be a man and call him first,or 3or4 times if you have to.You will get alot more help from people if you work with them and not against them.I do not even know Chris but i have never read or heard anything but GOOD about him.I'm no trans.builder but i do know you can damage the pump installing the torque conv.Why don't we all thank Chris for helping so many guys out on this forum and for making all the different billet parts for our cars!!!!!!!

I agree with Chris,I hate when people write in to a public forum to bash someones name and reputation before the one being bashed has the chance to make things right.Be a man and call him first,or 3or4 times if you have to.You will get alot more help from people if you work with them and not against them.I do not even know Chris but i have never read or heard anything but GOOD about him.I'm no trans.builder but i do know you can damage the pump installing the torque conv.Why don't we all thank Chris for helping so many guys out on this forum and for making all the different billet parts for our cars!!!!!!!

X2

my 2 cents

Chris my name is Terry Nicholson and I live in Calgary Alberta Canada with Steve.I was the first guy to get a tranny off you (before Steve)I told him to to order the same tranny I got which was the best one you offered at the time along with a 9-11 lock-up converter To this day i haven't even used the tranny,when he got his tranny the first time,it came with a 10" non lock-up converter?? and was slipping on the 2-3 shift badly, you were going to send a different valve body plate to correct the problem but never did.steve ended up putting the stock tranny with the art carr converter in. The car ran 11.21 @ 121 mph with air that corrects out to 4500 ft above sea level, with a motor that has not been out of the car ever,just bolt on upgrades and have the time slips to prove it.the stock tranny also slipped on the 2-3 shift which was where we were loosing some of our et.The car should of ran 10.8-10.9 on a good run for that mph.In january we decided to get you to fix the tranny that you sent in the first place--we waited to long to send it back to you,thats our fault.it was sent to you over night air from canada on the 16 of january.on feb 21 you said it was ready to go,but you were going to test it in your car.it took till May 16 to get the tranny to the US. / Canadian border,which was a nightmare because the was no paper work (Bills).Put the tranny in and now it don't sound good at all.The tranny was definately not damaged in shipping because of the case it was shipped in.The pump was definately not damaged in installation.I have been racing and involved with cars for the last 30 years.the conveter was in right...bottom line.. he (steve)has spent 5000 dollars in trannys,repairs,and shipping and still doesn't have a tranny that works right.who would be happy,just my 2 cents

If you need a trans that will work guarenteed let me know as i am in Canada as well.
$5000 is alot of bread, makes me feel like i am selling my trans too cheap.
Good luck on your issue.

Chris

Chris my name is Terry Nicholson and I live in Calgary Alberta Canada with Steve.I was the first guy to get a tranny off you (before Steve)I told him to to order the same tranny I got which was the best one you offered at the time along with a 9-11 lock-up converter To this day i haven't even used the tranny,when he got his tranny the first time,it came with a 10" non lock-up converter?? and was slipping on the 2-3 shift badly, you were going to send a different valve body plate to correct the problem but never did.steve ended up putting the stock tranny with the art carr converter in. The car ran 11.21 @ 121 mph with air that corrects out to 4500 ft above sea level, with a motor that has not been out of the car ever,just bolt on upgrades and have the time slips to prove it.the stock tranny also slipped on the 2-3 shift which was where we were loosing some of our et.The car should of ran 10.8-10.9 on a good run for that mph.In january we decided to get you to fix the tranny that you sent in the first place--we waited to long to send it back to you,thats our fault.it was sent to you over night air from canada on the 16 of january.on feb 21 you said it was ready to go,but you were going to test it in your car.it took till May 16 to get the tranny to the US. / Canadian border,which was a nightmare because the was no paper work (Bills).Put the tranny in and now it don't sound good at all.The tranny was definately not damaged in shipping because of the case it was shipped in.The pump was definately not damaged in installation.I have been racing and involved with cars for the last 30 years.the conveter was in right...bottom line.. he (steve)has spent 5000 dollars in trannys,repairs,and shipping and still doesn't have a tranny that works right.who would be happy,just my 2 cents
Damn,Some people don't get it.Like I said in the other reply why don't you guys call him,You act like you are scared to talk with someone on the phone.You will get alot more help and satisfaction if you would call him and not accuse him of building a junk trans(we all know better than that).If I were him I would just tell you that you are on your own,but thats me.Quit crying on here and leave his great reputation alone!!!!!!

Maybe some proper bench testing equipment & a trans dyno would be a good investment. It would certainly elimintate the chance of debris from the test vehicle getting in the new trans. Were the lines, converter & cooler flushed well on both cars before installing this trans? What converter is being used? I had a PI LU converter that sounded like it was full of marbles...... but worked very well.

wow

thanks for all the pm's,no names will be mentioned here
I have twisted wrenches for 16 years & have owned my own auto repair shop
for 8 years now.I have installed many transmissions.I do not rebuild tranys.
I did not flush the lines because the fluid in there was clean.the convertor i use is a art carr 9'' 3500 stall which i purchased last year & has 3 passes on it.

The bottom line is, this should have been handled in a private manner from the start. I hope it's not too late for all involved.

Personally, I become very reluctant, and in fact defiant in my resistance to help the type of person who comes to a public forum to discuss a matter that should be handled privately. Good luck with your problem. The way you're going, you're going to need it.

Try putting yourself in Chris' shoes. Would you appreciate it?

If you do own an auto repair shop, shame on you. You should know better.

The bottom line is, this should have been handled in a private manner from the start. I hope it's not too late for all involved.

Personally, I become very reluctant, and in fact defiant in my resistance to help the type of person who comes to a public forum to discuss a matter that should be handled privately. Good luck with your problem. The way you're going, you're going to need it.

Try putting yourself in Chris' shoes. Would you appreciate it?

If you do own an auto repair shop, shame on you. You should know better.

+1

that is the trouble trying to do business so far away. You can never be sure that your not asking for trouble. And if a repair is needed the shipping alone is a royal pain and far too costly. LOOK FOR SOMEONE LOCAL !!!!!!!!

that is the trouble trying to do business so far away. You can never be sure that your not asking for trouble. And if a repair is needed the shipping alone is a royal pain and far too costly. LOOK FOR SOMEONE LOCAL !!!!!!!!

+1

The trans was originally purchased over 4 years ago.I recieived a call that it had broke and told him to send it in and I would repair it for free.When i opened it it wasnt ours.we were told he was returning his original trans It was rebuilt again by someone and was missing the billet drum and had a diesel valve body and parts missing.I phoned him and he was aware that it didnt have the parts in it and that it was done 2 times before he sent it to us.I still supplied you with a czf core billet drum and input shaft for 1599.00.also a brand new pump.We spoke on the phone and i said id give you a refund when it arrives here.I will honor my end.Anyhow,you know the procedure to get your refund so I dont need to spell it out here.I cant make everyone happy and realize that.I will never again except a repair job on someone elses unit.I WILL HOWEVER HONOR MY WARRANTEE TO ANYONE WHO HAS CHOSEN TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM US AND HAS HAD AN ISSUE..anyone needing further explanations can call me directly as I will not play along here any further.

the original date of purchase was may 25th 2005 invoice 0292,the tranny didnt make if past 2 days normal driving,the trany had been repaired once.
what ever was in that trany was yours exept for the forward drum.if there was a diesel valve body in it it was yours.i never asked you for a warranty.
anyways ,you wont see the trany back.i accept my losses & i will move on.
my first post was to get your attention, because trying to get a hold of you is a nightmare
you can say what you wont to make yourself look good & thats ok

these internet forum pissing matches can be very entertaining.
if you just wanted to get his attention on this forum- you could have made a post saying that you had a problem, and that you have been trying to get ahold of him. or maybe use that "PM" option where you send him a message thru the forum.. but you had to come out and bad mouth him in front of everyone instead.
that makes you look like you are in the wrong- even if you are right. at the very least, it makes no one else here want to offer any sort of assistance with any problem you might have, since you will probably just come on here when something goes wrong and say what a bunch of idiots everyone is..

these internet forum pissing matches can be very entertaining.
if you just wanted to get his attention on this forum- you could have made a post saying that you had a problem, and that you have been trying to get ahold of him. or maybe use that "PM" option where you send him a message thru the forum.. but you had to come out and bad mouth him in front of everyone instead.
that makes you look like you are in the wrong- even if you are right. at the very least, it makes no one else here want to offer any sort of assistance with any problem you might have, since you will probably just come on here when something goes wrong and say what a bunch of idiots everyone is..

X2

wake up

i did do some tests on the trany like was suggested.the trany works in all gears,i removed the upper trany line & started the car within 15 to 20 sec there was about 2 to 3 ltrs of fluid in the bucket.to me that sounds like the pump is working.
to anyone who thought I should not have posted my disappointed with ck, I disagree, a professional business man would not call me within 1/2 hour of me posting my disappointment and tear a strip off me for stating my unhappiness about a faulty product they would be more interested in solving the problem and making me a satisfied customer.
Unfortunately i felt it was necessary to post it because in the past that has been the only way that i could get a response from ck because my numerous calls were never returned.
to all you guys who pm'd me,i think people should speak up rather than stay silent about ck because if no one does the number of people having these problems will keep going up & up & up.

my 2 cents

Is this a pissing match ?? or is someone who has had a very bad experience just stating the facts with proof to back it up!!I bet he has tried to call ck 30 or 40 times not 3 or 4