Choking

Oh yeah, vac line on.
Installed vacuum break sys, dual flowmaster, electric cutout, K&N filter, all new chrome piping, thats all I can think of.

Is there a way to check them? Or do I just buy a new one and see if that fixes the problem?
What do you think about my fuel pressure? It has ran fine up until now with the settings how they are.

If you have 35 lbs. fuel pressure with the line on, pull the line off and check it, it should rise to about 42- 43 lbs.(line off).You could check coilpack for proper ohms, should be in the 11-13 ohm range. Look for any signs of over heating on the ignition module, any gooey stuff, how old is module and coilpack, what condition are your sparkplug wires in?

I have never changed them. Wires were done about 4 or 5 yrs ago. Gotta go to work, will reply later this evening. Thanks

Changed out ignition control module w/a BWD from Advance Auto. When I started it it choked up real bad and died. It wasn't able to move b/c it would always die. Do you think I just got a bad ICM or was it something else?

Maybe you got a bad ign. module from Advance. I'd try another brand. Also, you can still get AC Delco new IAC'S. Got mine from Dealer Parts.
Good luck.:)

You should check your coilpack, try ohming it out should be in the 11k-13 ohms range, how old is your coilpack?I would find out what chip is exactly in the ecm also. Check your wires and plugs again also.

Coil pack was bad. Got a new one and still have the same problem, but it seems a little better (not much).

Not without a Casper's tester.... aftermarket/Advance/Autozone/OReilly's modules are more often than not junk.... I'm nearly sure that is your problem. There are lots of sources for the oem AC Delco ignition module... that's the one you want...

Changed out ignition control module w/a BWD from Advance Auto. When I started it it choked up real bad and died. It wasn't able to move b/c it would always die. Do you think I just got a bad ICM or was it something else?

Uhhh Huhhhh... junk module....

Where are some of the sources that I could get an ACDelco ICM?

AC Delco/GM Part# 24503624

GM dealer
NOS4GN (with www and dot com)
CRE Loaded 6 - CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.
Kirban Performance - Buick Grand National, T-Type, Turbo T, GNX, Parts, Chevrolet Corvette Parts, Ford Mustang Parts, Pontiac GTO Parts www.kirbanperformance.com
www.gmpartsdirect
Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto

to name a few... :) Anyplace that sells acdelco parts....

Cheapest I saw it looking around for you was $176.xx from gmpartsdirect (plus shipping)...

If I were you, I would see if I could find someone local with a TR to swap theirs out and see if that does the trick to make sure that is the problem. That is an expensive part to replace on a hunch.

If you can't find anyone near you to help, then, depending on your financial situation, I might keep trying the aftermarket modules until I got a good one... I've seen alot of people have to try 2 or 3 different ones until they got a good one.... and then use it while you save up for good oem unit for a spare when the aftermarket craps out.

OR

Pick up a used/known good one here on the board and go with that....

OR

another option is to swap the whole thing to a Type II ignition setup (different module, seperate coils).... not a very big deal at all and the parts are alot cheaper... do a site search, there's alot of info available here on the swap...

hope that helps :)

Ok, so I found out it is not the ignition control module, coil pack, plugs, wires, fuel pump/filter. I still don't know what the problem is. I took it to a shop and they said the MAF sensor is good.

Could there be debris in the injectors? I did put some Lucas injector cleaner in - one or two tanks ago.

The mechanic said the car was "loading up."

The fuel pressure is still normal. I don't know what else it could be. Let me know what you think.

If maf sensor is known to "be good" I would check the fuel pressure regulator also. Check the injectors, disconnect one injector at a time, if the engine slows down, move to the next injector and do the same procedure. If when doing this and you find a cylinder where theres no change, then you have to narrow it down to see if it's spark related or a fueling issue, but since you did the ignition module, coilpack, etc. etc. and "maf is known good" continue here.