Checked your CREDIT CARD rates lately???

HRpartsNstuff

FYI, I have been going along fine & paying my cc's regularly & using them for the business regularly, and ASSumed all was well. Tonight I just noticed that several times this year, my CAPITAL ONE cards got raised to almost DOUBLE for absolutely NO reason at all!

Needless to say I am PISSEDD :mad: and going to deal with it tomorrow. Probably find a way to pay it off & go elsewhere. I heard citigroup and chase and bank of america are also doing it. I have 2 thru a local bank that never raised rates in 10+ yrs, and my discover & amex are running along fine at sub-10% rates. Just having issues with cap 1, and up to 22.9 on the one!!!

Might want to pay closer attention, seems they are taking advantage of us while they can before this new law goes into place. Also got a yearly fee on cap 1 too, don't remember that either & have to check it out.

Stupid thing is, they just lost a LOT of business from me! We buy a LOT for the biz on them & pay most of it right back off (still has a balance). So they make money on each transaction (from the seller) and then make it off me on the interest, and that wasn't enough for them I guess. Might make some profits in the short term, but will hurt in the long term & will NEVER do business with them again (like I did with Sears, Bank-o-merica, and chase for same reasons in past). :mad: :mad:

Check them out! Don't take anything for granted!!

Oh yeah, already had my credit limit dropped with amex as I paid on them & got ready to buy stuff for the biz with the money. They said it was to "help" me, yeah it helped me realize I need to use my other cards more & give them all my business & no more to amex!!! Dang, forgot to tell them thanks! :cool:

Capital One are a bunch of theives. They did the same thing to me a few years ago but I believe they sent me a notice that said they were raising my interest rate. I have never been late with payment either and I just said screw it and ended up just paying it off. It was a minimal balance but its just the point. And after talking to a few people they said my credit rating would decrease if I cancel the card. Well I did anyways. I had a Chase card with 8.99% and just this year they raised it to 12.99% for absolutely no reason. I had no balance on it either. What kind of BS is that? I was told by them to thank Pres. Obama for it to help the delinquents that don't pay there bills. Only in America.

Capital one are a bunch of whores. They burnt me years ago. Tore that one up! The best one I have ever owned is AT&T universal card. 7.9% for years and years with them. 25K credit line they have been the best. I have Hess gas cars (they give the most cash back on gas purchase) and they are owned by Chase and so far so good with them. They gave me a 15K credit line and knocked it back down to 7500 saying the same thing. They were helping me because I wasn't using that much. Having a high credit limit on cards can actually hurt you more then help. Citi Bank plowed me many times and forget AMEX never again.

I belong to a police and fire credit union and they take the best care of me no matter what.

By far the worst ever is TD the old Commerce. I had a card with them 7.9% interest rate and all was well. Well when TD took over they cranked it right up to 20 some %. I called and freaked out and what they did was came out with a new card. The more you pay the lower the rate! Say you have 3K on it if you pay 40% of that then you keep the 7.9%. If you pay 20% of it the rate goes back up to 20 some %. What a scam there for people that don't check. Paid that one and tossed it as well. I just keep my AT&T card and my Hess gas card and I'm good! :)

you thank that is bad. When CHASE bought out WaMu they put my interest rate to 30.99% :eek: needless to say i paid it off the day i saw that. also on top of that they didnt send me any notice at all.

Even more reason not to carry a balance.

Whats the feds credit score?

It should be 0 with a 12 trillion balance I would imagine. I know if I owed 12 trillion my score would be pretty low.

I think every credit card company is a crook. Both of our credit cards went up real high one being a Capital One. We very rarely carry a balance but because we will be looking at buying a new home soon we can't close the accounts because closing a credit card can hurt your credit score. It's a loose, loose situation when dealing with the banks they have all the money and I have none:(

I don't carry a balance on the CC but I use it for about $1200-$1800 per month and pay it off so they make no money off of me. What they are doing is, that for years it used to be due on the 15th of the month. Little by little they wittled that down to being due on the 10th of the month. Also, the bill used to come on the 25th and now it comes around the 30th. I suppose they are hoping I'll get it too late to pay it on time. sparks will fly if that happens.

The 'TD' in TD Bank stands for Toronto-Dominion as in Canada. Does this explain it?

Not sure about my GM card from HSBC but yeah you get the bill on the 28th of the month if your lucky and it's due the 10th or 11th not to mention their crazy finance interest rate.And the kicker is they tell you to allow a week for them to get it, so if you don't mail it out within a day or two of getting it your looking at a late payment!:mad:

Almost wish credit cards didn't make things as convenient as they do, I'd like to tell them to stick it!:eek::biggrin:

For several years I didn't pay any interest on any cards. They would send me an application for a card with no interest for a year on BOTH purchases and balance transfers. When that card would come to an end a year later, I'd just transfer the balance to a new card with the same deal. I haven't seen anymore like that in the mail lately.:( The last time I checked my credit score was 801.

yep capital one and bank of america...let's see if I ever do any more business with them. They did the same to me as well, raised my intrest rate, never late, etc... Bunch of damn crooks, hope they burn.

I have a visa through my CU that is my primary card. I charged over $30k last year and only had about $6 in interest. If your cc doesnt have a 25 day grace period on zero monthly balances then it sucks balls. Had to put a fraud alert on my credit since some POS opened a fraud phone acct. with sprint with my info. My credit score was 817 two days ago.