Check your fuel rail mounted gauges

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Working on a GN with fuel delivery and risen rate issues. Found the most random piece inside fuel psi regulator......a piece from inside the fuel psi gauge! Thankfully it didn't fall down and block flow to the number 1 injector. Piece removed and all is good. My thoughts are the gauge is on the fuel rail and exposed to a lot of engine vibrations and the piece simply vibrated loose. Check those gauges!
20180831_171926.jpg
20180831_171959.jpg
20180831_172008.jpg
20180831_172020.jpg
20180831_172054.jpg

Yep, had the same happen to me on a TBI setup with an external FPR. The issue is that those screws (damper actually), can't be fully tightened as it blocks off the gauge entry. So they end up backing out.

Between that and at times the gauges start to leak I no longer use a rail mounted fuel pressure gauge. Pressure transducers are the way to go.

RemoveBeforeFlight

P.S. Also, the use of teflon tape is not a good idea. Paste only.

Yep, had the same happen to me on a TBI setup with an external FPR. The issue is that those screws (damper actually), can't be fully tightened as it blocks off the gauge entry. So they end up backing out.

Between that and at times the gauges start to leak I no longer use a rail mounted fuel pressure gauge. Pressure transducers are the way to go.

RemoveBeforeFlight

P.S. Also, the use of teflon tape is not a good idea. Paste only.

This type you could tighten all the way down as the side of the set screw /ampner has flutes on it to allow fluid flow. This was on a tee along side a SSI sensor for monitoring Fuel PSI in the FAST XFI and it read the same when reinstalled with screw tightened down.