Check out my Christmas present!

groumoutis

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420025474.270320.jpg

I bought the lift for myself for Christmas! I am such a nice guy.

Turned my 2 car garage into a 3 car garage. Trying to convince the wife to buy another one for her bay! She wants an old Beetle and wants to put a turbo on it. We could leave her Beetle on the lift and park her Flex under it!

thats awesome.. you treat yourself good lol. if you dont mind me asking what are the specs.. model price etc etc.. could do this to my two car garage.
thanks

thats awesome.. you treat yourself good lol. if you dont mind me asking what are the specs.. model price etc etc.. could do this to my two car garage.
thanks

It is a Atlas 408 SL from Greg Smith Equipment. It is a 8000# lift. It was $2195 before tax. Took about 3-4 to assemble. It is very well made with the exception of the hydraulic hoses. I make hydraulic hoses at work so I made up industrial strength hoses just for piece of mind. Their hoses are not steel braided so I didn't have the warm and fuzzy feeling. Everything else seem to be good.

I almost forgot! The instructions suck too!

My ceilings are 12' and I think that is as low of a ceiling as you could comfortably get away with. My garage door opener is a jack shaft style so I don't have to worry about hitting it with the car either. Liftmaster 8500! Best door opener I have ever seen so I bought two!

Maybe its just my car but I would need to keep a drip barrier. My car likes to mark its territory and would be claiming the hood of the car underneath it lol!

Maybe its just my car but I would need to keep a drip barrier. My car likes to mark its territory and would be claiming the hood of the car underneath it lol!

The lift comes with 4 drip trays that go between the runways. I think they make these lifts with turbo buicks in mind. My car doesn't leak! It marks its territory. It lays down about two drips a week. Tranny is coming out in the next few weeks for a rebuild so I will be replacing the rear main while the trans is getting rebuilt.

Last edited:
Nice give yourself a high five!! If I put one of those in I could lift my car into the 2nd story if my raised ranch and do burnouts in the living room! (y)

I'm away for the holidays but my 7 year old let it slip on skype that his grandpa (my dad) came by the other day with a few big boxes that said GbodyParts after Christmas. I have a excel spreadsheet kinda like a parts wanted/purchased and completed work tracker that my wife may have shown him. HEHE My son will get an extra gift for that when I get home!

That looks like an awesome lift if I had mine to do over again, mine's a 2 post asymetrical and it's a little intimidating to get under my 5500 lb truck on it althought it is rated for 7500 lbs.
Congrats!

This was my first thought. Great "Cars" quote: "If there's no oil under 'em, there's no oil in 'em"

I have been looking at the LM8500 opener for my garage that's going up now.

Attachments

• 1421006205955.jpg
    1421006205955.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 101