Cheap local dyno day 8/21 - Downey.

A4Blk98SS

Hey guys, if anyone is interested there is a dyno day in Downey on Saturday - all different kinds of car. They're doing 3 pulls for $40 or 3 pulls with a/f for $50.

The shop has 2 dyno's, so they can get through a lot of cars in a day. They use a dynojet 224. The last one was a lot of fun - all different kinds of cars: Mustangs, Vette's, S2000's, a super cool turbo Dodge Omni, SRT4's, RX7's, a Supra or two, etc.

I'll be going at some point during the day and I'll be taping runs so if you come hopefully I'll get one of yours. The address is: 8107 Phlox Street, Downey, Ca 90241.

Original thread is here.

See you guys there!

Not to put a sour note on this thread,but I dynoed my Cad there in about Mar or so and I was not happy with the results or the service. It was Vaca at that time. The graph that they gave me was crappy, it did have the air-fuel, but did not have any other conditions denoted, and they have / had at that time 2 different dynoes, and the one that I dynoed on seemed to read quite low. I would definitely want to see a sample chart and find out about the accuracy and / or calibration of the 2 dynoes before signing up. The one at the street door dynoes low. Of course they said that the particular dyno read correct and the other one read high. If you are doing improvement verifications, I would make sure that you dyno on the same dyno there.

Hmm, I am wishing now that I had not posted that, but those are my feelings about the experience that I had.
Maybe under the new management, it has totally changed.
It is not and my intent to spoil Sean's thread or their dyno day, and I apologize if anybody takes it that way. Thye also cancelled out the burgers and dogs on the day that I went claiming that there was not enough people to warrant food.

No worries Gary, I totally understand. It's totally new ownership, with different equipment. It has nothing to do with the old ownership/experience. I was there at the opening dyno day a couple months ago and it was great. They did 52 cars that day, and everyone was getting really nice printouts. I've had nothing but good experiences with Greg :D

whas hap o nin migsters, i know there's gonna be a lot of mustangs and hondas turning out, they always buzz around here every day