Chassis Dyno

BigI'sTurboT

I am kind of new to the Atlanta area and I am looking for an outfit to chassis dyno tune my car that knows Buicks so if you know a reputable outfit let me know. I just had my motor rebuilt and I have issues with surging above 12-15psi

Thanks

You might want to scroll down on the main forum page until you get to your regional forums. You may get some answers in there. Good luck.

Peter

Do you have a scanmaster or data displaying equipment? Look up Bob Kurgan. He may be able to help you.

................I had my motor rebuilt and I have issues with surging above 12-15psi................Thanks

Just my opinion, but I would do some checking before I would try and diagnose it on a dyno which could do more harm than good. :(

A few things come to mind like proper fuel pressure at RPM, cam sensor setting, wastegate issue, vacuum leak or some other installation problem? :confused:

I'm in ATL, where is Burford? I can recommend a few names.

I live near the Mall of GA between 985 and 85

The car is starting to have a lot of issues and I only have 2kmi on the rebuilt motor and I just don't have a lot of time to run down all of the things that could be wrong and I bet it is a lot of simple things...........I wish I could to take the car back to the people who built it but they proved to be less than reliable and actually stole one of my turbos so that is part of my issue

But I have owned a Turbo Regal for years and I just want my car running right for a while and have some fun

"Burford"???????????

It's Buford. It's NE of Atlanta, off of I-85.

I "wonder" who the less than reliable may be...Only a couple places that claim to be Buick shops..

"Burford"???????????

It's Buford. It's NE of Atlanta, off of I-85.

I "wonder" who the less than reliable may be...Only a couple places that claim to be Buick shops..

Who is in Buford Chuck??????????????????? I dont know anyone there or around me.....I will have to call you and find out what you know lol!!!

I live near the Mall of GA between 985 and 85

The car is starting to have a lot of issues and I only have 2kmi on the rebuilt motor and I just don't have a lot of time to run down all of the things that could be wrong and I bet it is a lot of simple things...........I wish I could to take the car back to the people who built it but they proved to be less than reliable and actually stole one of my turbos so that is part of my issue

But I have owned a Turbo Regal for years and I just want my car running right for a while and have some fun

It may be a simple fix as mentioned and I would not reccomend a dyno tune unless it was someone that really knows these cars......and I have no idea of anyone around here that does.

Is it a stock rebuild....in not what mods?

Did that shop istall the engine?

Do you have at bear minimum a scan master?

If you can not find anyone and you have some time I would be happy to help you out and look the car over......I am about 30 minutes or so from the Mall of Ga.

I know exactly what its like to be frustrated and want to take the car to someone but it may be a very simple fix that someone could way over charge and then you will be kicking yourself.

It may be a simple fix as mentioned and I would not reccomend a dyno tune unless it was someone that really knows these cars......and I have no idea of anyone around here that does.

Is it a stock rebuild....in not what mods?

Did that shop istall the engine?

Do you have at bear minimum a scan master?

If you can not find anyone and you have some time I would be happy to help you out and look the car over......I am about 30 minutes or so from the Mall of Ga.

I know exactly what its like to be frustrated and want to take the car to someone but it may be a very simple fix that someone could way over charge and then you will be kicking yourself.

Well the car is completly moded 52pte, 50lbs, 214/214 cam, down pipe, pats convertor, art car shift kit, front mount, translator Plus, scanmaster, 4 wire O'2 sensor.......all the usual stuff

Yeah lets get together some time soon I will send you my number .......my name is Ivan
you know just been dealing with trying to get a car going for some time now and I am ready for some fun the car acts like it will run good and hard but all of the issues need to be worked out of it........thats why I wanted to take it to a reputable buick shop with a dyno and let them at it and get it tuned.
What do you do for race gas here cause i found it to be very expensive compared to what i paid for it up in Indiana

Well the car is completly moded 52pte, 50lbs, 214/214 cam, down pipe, pats convertor, art car shift kit, front mount, translator Plus, scanmaster, 4 wire O'2 sensor.......all the usual stuff

Yeah lets get together some time soon I will send you my number .......my name is Ivan
you know just been dealing with trying to get a car going for some time now and I am ready for some fun the car acts like it will run good and hard but all of the issues need to be worked out of it........thats why I wanted to take it to a reputable buick shop with a dyno and let them at it and get it tuned.
What do you do for race gas here cause i found it to be very expensive compared to what i paid for it up in Indiana

Got your pm......I will be in contact with you and help you get it straightend out........

It may be something simple as a loose connection, crank sensor bad ground etc......the list goes on and on and I sware I have delt with most of them lol!

As fasr as race fuel I buy it at the track since that is the only time I run it.......I can run my car as much as 17 or so psi on 93 and at that level the tires dont hold at all so no real need to run more than that.

There are some local gas stations that sell fuel.......about 15 miles notrh of you in Oakwood there is a little gas station that sells 101......it is usually a stop on the way to Lanier raceway.....it is right off the exit of I-985 and Oakwood it is a Kangaroo gas station.