changing fuels

moose102

Moose
If I go from running E85 to 93 octane would I have to change injectors? Mine now are 140lb DW.

No. Those 140 on the edge though for gas. Should be ok, maybe just a tad rich.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Glad I did not switch like I was urged to. Most of my friends are switching back.

The main reason is they can not get a constant formula for the pump. One time it is 85% the next it is 80% so their tune is off.

You would have to buy a barrel at a time to keep the tune anywhere near the same for a period of time.

Glad I did not switch like I was urged to. Most of my friends are switching back.

The main reason is they can not get a constant formula for the pump. One time it is 85% the next it is 80% so their tune is off.

You would have to buy a barrel at a time to keep the tune anywhere near the same for a period of time.
Now that makes sense and here I was thinking about converting my GN over to E85 this winter. It looks like I may just keep the car the way it is. Thanks

If I go from running E85 to 93 octane would I have to change injectors? Mine now are 140lb DW.

You do not have to change injectors to run pump gas, the 140's will work fine as the FAST system must be re-configured for pump gas instead of e-85.

No need to change Injectors. My 160s run the same on pump or e85

For those that have inconstant e85 just install a flex sensor and you won't have to worry anymore.

On a side note I've seen 225s idle fine on pump

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

20 miles. I would make that drive. Closest to me is 40 miles. I have 5 gallon jugs and a 55 gallon drum as well.. if I where you I would install a flex sensor. But I wouldn't ever go back to pump if you have a station that close.

Does the flex sensor ID the fuel? I will look that up. Thanks so much for the very helpful information. Just replaced the head gaskets so should have some issues resolved. Im trying to look at my setting on the fast 2.0. Im thinking of installing a progressive meth system to help octane levels.

The flex sensor will allow you to put pump gas in the car and it will change the FEC as it changes. The car will drive normal. That way you don't have to worry if you can't make it to a e85 station. Imop I would keep the e85. Don't go back to alky. If you are dead set on pump gas you need to get a alky kit from alky control no one else

Last edited:
The flex fuel sensor reads the % of alcohol in the fuel. What ecm are you running?

Fast. I wont need the flex fuel option because the nearest E85 pump is 20 miles away. So I think 93 Octane is my fuel of choice.

That tune would not change. It would be slightly richer going from 85 to 80, but not enough to make you switch to 93 octane. I have run e93 to e78 all on the same tune, and the car runs the same, mid to low 8s. ??????