Changed from TA49 .63 to PT6466 .85 4" S cover and having 3" THDP clearance issues

Or match the turbo to the engine capabilities...

I believe the 6466 will be a good match with his engine. I was just saying in general terms people like to think bigger is better then end up with a miss match.

I built the motor in early 2000's and got sidetracked with tranny build issues, then job, etc. before getting to turbo, aftermarket computer and rear end. I'm retired now and finally getting back into it. I've forgotten a lot so may ask some dumb ass questions and make stupid mistakes. If it was easy it wouldn't be fun!

I believe the 6466 will be a good match with his engine. I was just saying in general terms people like to think bigger is better then end up with a miss match.

Oh, I agree with you..... Very nice build. Hence the reason I would do a little fabricating to the down pipe.

I'll go bigger and external gate if it becomes an issue. I'm pretty satisfied that it's about where it used to be.

I'll go bigger and external gate if it becomes an issue. I'm pretty satisfied that it's about where it used to be.
Yes,the external gate with a compressor and a controller is a great solution to boost control problems. It allows for low boost when you need it and high boost when traction allows it. Much more flexibility.

finally getting back into it. I've forgotten a lot so may ask some dumb ass questions and make stupid mistakes.
I've been into it steadily since 1989 and made all of the mistakes,forgot some of them,and made them again.