Challenger

Done. They'll build it - they have a pretty solid track record for building their concepts.

Gotta Have 426 Hp & 6-speed!

I did it also!, I hope people are selecting the "426 hp" option, & "will only buy it with 6-speed"!

Here was my response to "What muscle cars do you own?" :

V8 Muscle Buicks! I'm anti-Generic Motors, loyal only to Buick & looking for a new modern muscle car!

I'm actually hoping they'll build a retro of a '71 Cuda, but if not the Challenger will have to do & HECK YES, I'LL BUY 1!!. :cool:

The difference in price for the 425 HP Hemi over the 350HP Hemi is only $800. It's not enough money to justify not getting the 425 HP option. In my opinion, no one would be buying the 350hp Hemi.

darkred87T said:
The difference in price for the 425 HP Hemi over the 350HP Hemi is only $800. It's not enough money to justify not getting the 425 HP option. In my opinion, no one would be buying the 350hp Hemi.
My thoughts exactly!

darkred87T said:

I can name scores of people who won't buy the 425hp version - young people (and even some older ones with problems on their driving records?) with the potential for high insurance rates that the big elephant will bring. :wink:

I can't imagine there would be much of an increase in insurance costs between the two High output V8's. Maybe a noticable difference in rates between the V6 and the Hemis.

I took it

Dont know why--I just couldn't get up the nerve to buy one if its made. Im a GM guy thru and thru.

Done!

I'd love to have one, but I'll wait a year or so for the frenzy to pass so I don't have to deal with the crooked dealships "market adjustment".

darkred87T said:

The question is, will it also come with a Gas Guzzler Surtax?

Dam it. Where is my my 2007/08 Buick GSX !! AAhhh need a all new 450 hp 500+ftlbs V8 buick. I know it can be done buicks were the king of torque. Better jump on tha bandwagon before its to late general.

gn4u2c said:
Dam it. Where is my my 2007/08 Buick GSX !! AAhhh need a all new 450 hp 500+ftlbs V8 buick. I know it can be done buicks were the king of torque. Better jump on tha bandwagon before its to late general.
I HATE GENERIC Motors, they can kiss my @zz.

Ever since they took control of Buick management, you might as well of killed Buick 1st before Olds.

Those IDIOTS will NEVER allow Buick to cast their own engine again! When they kill the Buick 3800 off which they are phasing out, then Buick will be as useless as Pontiac a car company without a engine!

I'd give a nut to have a naturally aspirated 425+hp V8 "Buick engine" in a new car! That'll never happen.
I just hope they kill Buick before they stick some freaking chevy or Crappillac motor under the hood of something & slap a legendary model name on it like GS or GN. That'll be a huge disgrace! Like that Chevy they call a GTO...
Fear of this type pf screw-up is why i've cut my ties to Buick as far as new vehicles are concerned. I'm loyal to Buick & Buick only (powered by Buick engines) not GM.

Buicks will always be my #1 in old V8 muscle, & 80's muscle but Mopar is my number 2! I LOVE OLD MOPARS!
These days Mopar is my #1 for new.

Should a miracle from God occurs & Buick is allowed to cast their own engines again, then i'll be back to Buick (for new) in a minute!

darkred87T said:
I can't imagine there would be much of an increase in insurance costs between the two High output V8's. Maybe a noticable difference in rates between the V6 and the Hemis.

I took a little insurance hit when I went from an R/T to an SRT8. About $150.00 more per year, maybe a bit less. Worth every penny though. ;)

Exactly, if your already willing to pay extra for the high performance, why not go the extra mile?

whitehot84 said:
I don't see that happening. Plymouth is no longer in the picture. Matter of fact I think the concept looks like a mixture of the two :eek: .

Yeah i don't give it much hope. There is chat that the Cuda may come back under Chrysler name plate or some kinda specialty package contected with the Challenger but I don think that'll happen either.

I like the photo-shop of the Cuda & color possibilities they've been doing here:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24