Century transmission by mike kurtz

kandc7

Any body using there 2004r transmissions? Is it a good company to build a transmission for our cars?

While I haven't bought anything from him, I have been to his shop in Richmond when he hosted an event for the local Buick club. He has been building 2004r tranmissions for a long time and had a very quick blue limited(might still have it, not sure). If you are local I would think him and his shop are an excellent choice.

NMCA qu97 memphis Kurtz.bmp.jpg

Thanks for the reply.. I am in fl just trying to see if it is a good company for the 2004r. I dont mind shipping cost.. I hope someone that has there transmisson will commet as well.. Thanks again for your reply:)E="TexasT, post: 3528342, member: 7348"]While I haven't bought anything from him, I have been to his shop in Richmond when he hosted an event for the local Buick club. He has been building 2004r tranmissions for a long time and had a very quick blue limited(might still have it, not sure). If you are local I would think him and his shop are an excellent choice.

View attachment 249593[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there is a more local place to you than that. Are you planning to do the r&r yourself?

I'm sure there is a more local place to you than that. Are you planning to do the r&r yourself?
Well I need to have it built right. Not sure if there is anybody here in fl to build the 2004r right.. I an having a new build stock stroke 109 all forged aluminum race ported heads 6466 so I just want to make sure I go with a company that can build the trans to handle that power it will be a street car and see the track 3or 4 times a year. Goal is low 10s with a high 9 if I crank the boost up

Mike Kurtz company builds good units but dime for dime if your not local I'd look up Dave Husek or Lonnie diers . They booth have great customer service.

Mike Kurtz company builds good units but dime for dime if your not local I'd look up Dave Husek or Lonnie diers . They booth have great customer service.
I hear good things about them as well. I live in fl so I don't know if there closer to me than mike is..

No about same distance but I think customer service would be better with the two I mentioned.

No about same distance but I think customer service would be better with the two I mentioned.
That may be true .. I did call and spoke with mike easy to get ahold of. I know at of guys like Lonnie stage 3 trans too. I just want to get the best 2004r and not worried to much about cost. Just looking to have it last a long time and not have to build it every 2 years.. Lol

I had mine done by Mike , He is a great guy, did top notch work, took them 4 days to do my build, they called 3 times as a followup to make sure everything was good and i was happy with it, He knows his 200 trans. I will never take it to another place, he has and still owns many turbo bucks, A++++ in my book, Im about to take it back out and have him put the trans brake in.

Here are a few pics right before I put it in

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 224
Thanks for the feed back! I really appreciate it!:) what stage did you get from him? And cost if you don't mind me asking that. You can pm me if you don't want to advertising that info. Thanks again

Thanks for the feed back! I really appreciate it!:) what stage did you get from him? And cost if you don't mind me asking that. You can pm me if you don't want to advertising that info. Thanks again

I got a 10 year old stage 4 trans from a buddy , it was burned up . Got a new core from Mike and he rebuilt it as it was going back together, it has everything but the trans brake .

Cool. I just want it to hold up for a while and not rebuilding it every other year. Lol

Mike Kurtz rebuilt my 2004R about 10 years ago & believe it or not it's still going....... :)
WOW that's amazing!!! What kind if power have you put into that trans to last so long? And what stage did you get? Thanks for the feed back:)

I dont know Dave, but i have been to mike Kurtz shop. He did some tuning for me. His shop is top notch. Like TxT said, he has raced TRs for years. The service is excellen, in my opinion. I still get follow up emails, months later. you should see the accolaids on his "wall offame" . And yes he still has his wifes blue TR.

Looks like I will be calling him back in about 2 months to order my transmission. The only think I have to give him my core to build. And I live in fl. A lot for shipping both ways. But if it will last its worth the money.

I have used mike to build my trans and has done a really good job. He is the only one around Houston I let touch my car. He also did my heads great job on that too.