Center console for Bench Seat TR owners!!!

1BADT

TurboHolic
I dont know if there is enough people out there that have the 60/40 split bench in there Turbo Regal like I do but it would sure be nice if someone made a nice console for it.

One that sits on the seat and runs down to floor and up against the radio pod or just underneath it and secured on the transmission hump.

I have test fitted many different brands that the local auto parts stores carry but none fit well. They are either too short or too wide or what ever.

Anyone have any luck with there car or know of someone who can make one?

Here is a picture of a console I found at JC Whitney's web site by Wolf that is very similar to what I would be interested in.

Too bad it's for full size cars & 12.5" wide.

I think the absolute widest that would work on our cars is 8.5" wide but a little smaller would be even better.

Anyone have some ideas???

Attachments

• i15359.gif
    i15359.gif
    10.7 KB · Views: 168
My dad found a cup holder some years ago for the 60-40 seat in the family T that doubles as a "consol." It fits the tranny hump perfectly, is about 8" wide and does not slide. It also has a perfect taper so that drinks sit perfectly flat and there is a flat section that can be used to hold change, etc. There is no covered portion. I can't recall who manufactured it, but if you are interested, maybe I can take a photo when we get the car out.

That would be great if you either posted a picture or send me a picture when you get the car out.

I am curious to see the set-up you are talking about. I would really like to get ahold of something, as it is annoying having no cup holders, compartments or arm rest...

I wonder if one out of a newer Park Ave or Bonneville would retro-fit into our 15+ year old cars???

THANKS