ccci problem?

rjbyram

turbo mga
this is simular to previous post but here goes:
going down the vortex tree for no start (no fuel or spark) every thing leads to icm problem.
I have noid lite and series spark lite, checked all power and grounds ok, ecm flashes 12 12 12 ok
ck eng lite is doing the right things so seems like ecm is ok. the only way I can get a the noid to fire is to remove the icm connector and tickle the terminal that the vortex tree says with a test lite, then the noid flashes.
another sign the ecm is ok.. the terminals look like new and I sprayed them with contact cleaner just in case.
got a new cci from rock auto (standard ), no change. just ordered another form autozone (whall) before I read your opinion of auto zone stuff. I suspect cam sensor may be bad so jumpered it just to test. waiting for a casper one with led but not in yet. i'm out of things to check so any suggsetions where to go next will be appreciated.
thanks
bob

Sounds like the module. Years ago, (late 90's) when mine was intermittently going bad it would just die and go off like someone turned off the key. And I wasn't sure how to diagnose it. So I threw parts at it until something made it go away forever. I was never sure what fixed the problem because the problem was intermittent. I then forgot about the whole experience for years.

I never threw any of the swapped out parts away. I kept them in the tool chest draw. (cam sensor, crank sensor, coil pack, computer, fuel pump relay.....)

Then one day (a year ago) I swapped back on my old module for some other reason. And all seemed good. Then one night, BOOM! The car went off like I turned the key.

It took about 20 years for me to diagnose a problem.:wacky: