Cc 683

GN86Rome

Replaced my original radiator with a champion CC683 it fits fine sits a little high not much thou. The issue I’m having is mounting the original fan top two holes don’t line back up? Does this mean now I need aftermarket cooling fan?

Replaced my original radiator with a champion CC683 it fits fine sits a little high not much thou. The issue I’m having is mounting the original fan top two holes don’t line back up? Does this mean now I need aftermarket cooling fan?

Does it not fit due to the top plate sitting too high?
If this is the case, is it possible to trim/ shave the rubber holders down enough to bring the top plate back down?

The right lower rubber is swollen to the point where it won’t stay in place. I just need to lower the top support by about 1/2 to a 1/4 of an inch

Has any ran across this issue, couldn’t find 2row radiator so I got 3 row Champion one. Problem is trying to mount stock fan. With this 3 row upper mounting bracket sits on top of radiator and doesn’t straddle it as it should. Radiator is in place and secure no movement. However the fan doesn’t reach the studs. Center of stud to center of fan bracket 1 1/8” off. Fabricating two brackets. Any other ideas?