Cat or test pipe?

viokrome

Well today my original catalytic converter started knocking, so I droped the pipe to have a look and the aft ceramic block is just floping around in there, the cat is shot. So my question is do I replace it with a high flow aftermarket cat or test pipe? My car is a all orginal stock 87 GN with 43000 miles, I dont live in a county that does emissions testing so thats not a problem. I knew this day would come to start modding the car with aftermarket parts. So what would you do? any suggestions would be great!

Thought about that but had to split the cat at the downpipe end to get it off and the heat shields are rusting off.

if you want to leave it stock appearing find someone on the board with a stock gutted cat they would sell. Should be a lot of them around I would think.

I run a test pipe. I took a stock cat I had left from my 97 Camaro SS, gutted it, slipped it over the test pipe. I took it to a local shop and had it welded on. You couldn't tell its fake unless you take it off and look straight through it.

Nick