"Casper Electronics" led cam sensor cap

brandnu6

Hello out there. Changed "oil filter adapter" O/ring, was leaking. Got one from "Richard Clark." Different design, "Quad Ring" check It out. Also tightened "turbo drain hose" at the block. It was also lose and leaking. When I changed "O/ring," I lost suction at the "oil pump." So I pulled "cam position sensor" to prime. I followed instructions on Casper's website for "installing C.P.S. Finding TDC, setting at zero, light comes on, and so forth. Then you are suppose to turn cap clockwise to achieve 25% ATDC. I did that too. When the car is running, the led is blinking, or solid red. It's getting a signal. that's It. Now, what if you have an "aftermarket cam." 212/212 flat tappet "Comp Cam?" As you know, rotating cap does not effect timing. That is done by way of the chip. TT93 w/ 42lbs injectors. It sprays fuel when intake valve opens. My question: Which direction "counter clockwise" or "clockwise?" early/late spray? Given my upgraded cam shaft. Or is this something I will have to experiment with? Thanks in Advance...

brandnu6

Hi. Is that all the information we have about "Casper's led cam sensor cap?" Come on guys, we can do better than that. Early spray, Late spray. Counter clockwise or Clockwise. Aftermarket "Comp Cam" 212/212 flat tappet? Talk to me...

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
What crank degree rotation @0.010 and @0.050 intake valve opening?

brandnu6

Hello there. Thanks for getting back to me, again. I have no way of knowing what you are asking. In the interest of simplicity, rotating the cap one direction or another will effect when fuel is sprayed. What direction causes "early spray," and what would be the result? What direction causes "late spray," and what would be the result. I ask because of an upgraded camshaft, the specs of which I stated in my original post.

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
Hello there. Thanks for getting back to me, again. I have no way of knowing what you are asking. In the interest of simplicity, rotating the cap one direction or another will effect when fuel is sprayed. What direction causes "early spray," and what would be the result? What direction causes "late spray," and what would be the result. I ask because of an upgraded camshaft, the specs of which I stated in my original post.
The provided link to Vortex Buicks in post #2 gives that info.

Very few would know where the cam is set at. The point was . . . If we don't know where the valve opens, there's not much value in worrying about tweaking exact injector timing. Besides, there are many other factors that effect injector opening timing such as timing chain stretch, latency, injector vs ecm voltage, crank sensor timing accuracy, and programmed offset. IOW: It will never be as consistent and exact as ignition timing, and not really needed for 99%.

Hope that helps.

Buick Mark

For years, a number of experienced Buick guys have suggested moving the cam sensor about 1/8" counterclockwise from the theoretical setting point especially if you have a modified engine with a larger cam. I always do, myself. This has absolutely nothing to do with ignition timing, but, it does alter the point where the injectors begin to spray. It might help engines with larger cams as prior stated. If moved so much that the sensor is on the wrong (next) window, it will probably backfire very badly and that ain't good
The above is from the link.