Carpet Replacement, anyone?

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Lazy left foot has worn a hole on left side of claret (maroon) 41K mile carpet. I found a maroon carpet for a '87 Buick Regal at Classic Car Industries in Huntington Beach, CA for $150 IIRC and another one at OPGI (Original Parts Group, Inc) also in HB, CA for $250-$500 IIRC. This 1 was of the Essex brand. Anybody have any experience with floor carpet replacement in colors other than black? Please disregard attached picture. It popped up and I can't delete it
64636594_1631260717005667_537159426428108800_n.jpg

The carpet from Highway Stars has been much better than any of the other brands I've bought. give them a call and they will gladly explain the difference

Hey Gary,

Lou bought the kit that is now in my car (blue) just before I bought it and it worked out real nice when my guy put it in. He could probably tell you who he got it from.

Essex from auto custom carpets is what i have for my GN and is amazing compared to cutpile. Lots of people gave me crap for spending the amount i spent but ive never been cheap on any of my vehicles. I bought blue cutpile for a different g body and it faded really bad and felt disgusting.

Guy, Lou doesn't remember anything about it but he did recommend Highway Stars.

thats where I got my ACC one think it was 150 bucks very nice let it sit out in the sun for a day to relax back out

ACC was the brand. I remember now. Had my local guy do the install. It's tits!

Many thanks for all of the responses.
I've had so many mention & prop for Highway Stars that's where I'll check 1st.

Looking to get a new carpet. ACC makes two types the OEM type cutpile (cheaper one) and the essex (thicker). Does anyone know which carpet the premium Highway Stars one is?

Also for anyone who has installed the carpet (either one) with the mass backing (jute + extra)-did you notice a sound differance?