Carbon Fiber parts

That would be 'Some' of the Carbon/Fiber companies that are listed as "Finds" in a Search Engine result. FFM

I too am tired of listening a lot of the crap/bad attitudes that take up too much bandwidth on these boards. You want the damn answer - Call VFN Fiberglass at (630) 543-0232.

BTW, what is a "quirt"?
worth no more than two quirts of monkey spunk

Originally posted by Scott231
I too am tired of listening a lot of the...

Fragment: I too am tired of listening to a lot of the...

So we've learned that none of us are spelling wizards or use spell check before submitting our replies. :D

And the word intended was "squirt" as opposed to "quirt". ;)

I have to admit, I was pretty pissed at Scott231 for being so damn rude at the beginning of this thread. But by the end I realized that he must've had a couple of really bad days. He did finally come up with some useful info in the end.

Relax everybody!

Thanks

Originally posted by Scott231
Hmm, I guess that's not as bad as two quarts of Munkey Spunk.:D ;)

:) :D :p :p :p :D :)

I think Jack Cotton has a line on cf parts, check with him...

:cool:

Guys,

I'm looking into starting a large carbon fiber parts lineup. I'm in talks right now with a company that produces big-name concept cars, so you can imagine how nice the fit and finish would be. When I know something, so will you.

...reviving this from the dead...

I've made Carbon Fiber body panels in the past. The one I'm proudest of was the hood I made for a BBC '71 Nova. It was beautiful, and weighed far less than an equivalent fiberglass unit.

Being a one-off, that hood took around 100 hours to do properly, and had a hefty material cost. It went on unpainted.

Good luck to you in finding a vendor. Also, if anyone out there has some info for a reputable, inexpensive CF sheet/resin supplier, please let me know. I'm getting ready to fab a custom stock-location Intercooler scoop from CF.

Carbon Fiber

Wow what a savage little world where one question from a writer leads to all kinds of BS and very little of it positive.... like try 26 or more messages going back and forth that amount to #hit.

FWIW
I came across a company located in British Columbia (thats in Canada) on Canada s left coast... It is/was called TOTEM fiberglass or somthing like that and there was some messages about it on this same "new products request" forum about a year ago. I phoned the guy and he offers a good line of fiberglass parts for TRs and said he could do the same in C fiber, but yes .. more money. Try looking up the company ... he is the manufacturer not a middle man. good luck.

Dave; Thanks for the info it's very unfortunate and nonproductive to the buick community that some members are "MEAN" and reluctant to help out other members.

Caron Fibre

Sorry for the missdirection amigo ... I stated "TOTEM" was the companies name ....I meant TOKEN as in

tokenfiberglass.com

Go to that email address and you get their catalogue and then phone em up for the latest scoop on what they can do in C fiber. Let me know how you do .... for your Gringo buck spent in Canada, you can go pretty far eh ??

A few years ago (about 8) we used to sell FG and CF parts from a guy in Canada then he moved to BC and we could not afford to ship to us and then sell them. Nice stuff the Cf was pretty heavy though. Must be the same guy, cannot remember his name
Mike Licht

I can have carbon fiber hoods made in any design for any car. I would need about 10 prepaid orders to start it up (get the molds made, etc) in a GP fashion. The hoods will be superior in fit and finish to any aftermarket hood on the market. I know that is a serious assertion, but I believe I can back it up.

The company that will make the hoods for me builds concept cars, so they are well accustomed to making custom body panels that need to fit stringent quality control guidelines.

The price would be about $1500/hood. It will have a ram-air design. I am trying to get an idea of whether or not I could get enough orders together to get this ball rolling. Who is SERIOUSLY interested?

If you want some sort of proof of their work, check out the Hyundai HCD-8. They built the whole thing ;)

Originally posted by me.Last time I saw a CF hood, it was ~$700 and that was 5 years ago.
Originally posted by PowrPerformance
The price would be about $1500/hood. It will have a ram-air design. I am trying to get an idea of whether or not I could get enough orders together to get this ball rolling. Who is SERIOUSLY interested?
HAHA, hehehehehe:D I guess prices do go up.

These hoods are very, very expensive to have made. If there is a carbon fiber hood out there for $700, I'd be willing to bet that the fit and finish is, let's just say, less than satisfactory.

cf hood

I for one would be willing to buy one of these carbon fiber GN hoods if it's high quality and looks like the factory hood. The clean factory lines in a carbon fiber hood would look sweet. I'm not sure about the ram air design though. It might make it look cheesy unless the ram air were right in the front of the factory hood bulge somehow.

Originally posted by PowrPerformance
These hoods are very, very expensive to have made. If there is a carbon fiber hood out there for $700, I'd be willing to bet that the fit and finish is, let's just say, less than satisfactory.

What you have to understand is that the majority of the buyers on this board would be slapping a coat of (usually black) paint on these things. So they don't have to have a 1 piece top to them, or a show polish, which should drastically bring down the cost.