Carbon Fiber parts

I eat Z06

Carbon fiber hood, trunk, filler panels, header panels. They would save so much weight over the metal and fiberglass. They look good painted or not. We all know these cars need to go on a diet. This would be like Jenny Craig for Buicks.

Nick

Great idea...if you had it twenty years ago. :rolleyes: Most major TR vendors can get CF body parts for you. Last time I saw a CF hood, it was ~$700 and that was 5 years ago.

Originally posted by I eat Z06
Do you know the name of that vendor? $700 isnt a bad price for a c/f hood.

Nick

Let me reiterate "MOST MAJOR TR VENDORS" :rolleyes:
Try Full Throttle Speed & Style if you need it spoon fed.

The only major ones that I know of (poston, cotton, ramchargers) dont sell c/f parts. But thanks for the info.

Nick

I thought Bowling Green Customs were the only people that made cf parts:confused:

I guess you should start making some calls as I dont think anyone is gonna have it in there catalog.HTH

Originally posted by Scott231
Let me reiterate "MOST MAJOR TR VENDORS" :rolleyes:
Try Full Throttle Speed & Style if you need it spoon fed.

Wow i have been around the buicks for over 10 years and do not know of ONE vender that has the stuff on the shelf ready to go.
Because of your sarcasm, why not let the buick community know where to get carbin fibre parts? You seem like it is as simple as pie to get the stuff!:rolleyes:

You guys really do not understand "business" do you?

None of the TR vendors make their own fiberglass (or CF) body parts. They do, however, have the contacts to acquire them for you.

It's not my fault you guys cannot figure out how to use search engines or a telephone.:rolleyes:

None of the TR vendors make their own fiberglass (or CF) body parts. They do, however, have the contacts to acquire them for you.

It's not my fault you guys cannot figure out how to use search engines or a telephone.:rolleyes:

Wow man, why do you have to be such a prick? You could have simply chosen to not respond.

Apparently you have no idea what "business" is either Scott, as your customer service leaves much to be desired. I've been on this board since 1998. I am disappointed that people with your lack of patience still exist for those still trying to learn. Ease up a little.

Furthermore, it appears you utilize functions of this board to promote your agenda with your TSM work. Do you honestly think you are promoting your message when you come off so abrassive. You've lost my interest.

It takes more energy to be rude than it does to be helpful.

"I eat Z06" I tried a search (yahoo) for carbon fiber hoods for our cars and was unsuccessful. I am an ATR dealer and to the best of my knowledge, ATR does not sell them or have the appropriate contacts either. Good luck in your search.

Might bear in mind C/F is alot more flamable then Fiberglass.
And it shreds, in a way to easily pierce tires, etc.

Originally posted by bruce
Might bear in mind C/F is alot more flamable then Fiberglass.
And it shreds, in a way to easily pierce tires, etc.

Good point for those of you planning a car-b-que :rolleyes: Is there anything safer to run our cars on than gas? I hear that is quite flammable too :eek:

If Ferrari's, Lambo's, and F1 cars are made out of it, think the stuff is good enough for the Buck. I know of countless Supra's, RX7's, Skyline's, and WRX's with big arse turbo's and C/F hoods. None of which have cought on fire. Even some exhausts have C/F on them.

Nick

Just adding, since it dosnt apply to this thread. I wanna get C/F filler and front header panels. Gonna have to be custom. Of course it will be painted, so the up side is a one off custom and weight savings.

Nick

Originally posted by TYRFRYR
Apparently you have no idea what "business" is either Scott, as your customer service leaves much to be desired. I've been on this board since 1998.
I don't run a business and I've been with the TR online community since it started with GNTTYPE.

it appears you utilize functions of this board to promote your agenda with your TSM work.
I promote TSM here because the board owners asked me to moderate a new TSM forum. As such, that's the whole idea...but thanks for playing.

It takes more energy to be rude than it does to be helpful.
No, I can fire off non-pc coments much more quickly than having to explain things out to people that have already been answered before.

I tried a search (yahoo) for carbon fiber hoods for our cars and was unsuccessful.
No **** Sherlock. I searched on Google for Carbon Fiber car hoods and received over 66,000 finds. If you understood how businesses work, you would know to call come of the 'found' C/F dealers and inquire. Most of the aftermarket parts that are TR specific are realtively rare and hard to find (i.e. expensive) and if you think Carbon Fiber hoods for a turbo Regal are going to be easy to find "on the shelf" items, well.....:rolleyes:

Scott231,

I never implied that you did run a business, however, if you did you would certainly have your troubles. You'd have athletes tongue from shoving your foot in your mouth.

"No, I can fire off non-pc coments much more quickly than having to explain things out to people that have already been answered before."

Actually you never answered the question specifically in the first place. Most TR Vendors is rather broad and many only specialize in specific items...none of which are carbon fiber.

Additionally, a search typically finds cowls, bulges, ram air and cut out carbon fiber pieces. None return a full hood.

I too can fire off quick witted comments like you, but then I would look like just as much a @ussy hiding behind a computer and a 10 key (Tax Manager)!!

If you've been on-line with GNTYPE.org since its inception, then you know that a million and one of these questions have already been written and answered. Deal with it or shut the f up! Don't like it, leave it!

There is always going to be a NEWBIE/repeated question somewhere. Don't answer it if you are going to be a d#ck. What do you want? Credit for being around a while? Knowing people? Having a fast car, or knowing people with fast cars? Do you know someone that has clout in the Buick community? Maybe you think you have clout. Maybe you want credit for being able to answer a few questions that people post here. Maybe you wish to be recognized for posting over 1000 messages here. Great you got it! You are fabulous! What a wonderful contribution you have made to our community. I'm so glad you know who you know and do what you do.

Fact of the matter is, when you put your head to the pillow tonight, you are still a d&ck in the eyes of people here that you treat poorly. That may be of no difference to you. It certainly isn't to me...I know I'll sleep fine tonight, but at least I have a bit of pride and self respect. I know that I try my darndest to treat people well.

It is no wonder people are leaving this board. It is because of cornholes like you that are worth no more than two quirts of monkey spunk. So you can have your clout and join the legends of the Kenne Bells, CAS, Modern Muscles, Bowling Green Customs, ect. You see, behind each one of these companies was a person no better than you. They got what they want, thought they deserved it, and only left others with a bitter taste in their mouths. There is your credit @sshole!! Sleep well!!