Carb hat & boost

ShawnR

Fixer of crap..
Could you use our existing carb "hat" to provide boost on a blow-thru application? And if so, would it handle 25 PSI?

New ones run about $240 shipped on ebay and I am going through money like a madman already. Just a thought in case someone else has already tried it.

It's not built to hold pressure and it also isn't that strong to start.
Look for Spectre brand hat, it should not be $240

You will have to modify the crap out of it to make it fit a different carb. I went with a Spectre my self. It is a lot better quality than it looks in the pictures. I think it was just over a hundred bucks? 20180417_203031.jpg

You will have to modify the crap out of it to make it fit a different carb. I went with a Spectre my self. It is a lot better quality than it looks in the pictures. I think it was just over a hundred bucks?View attachment 322097

Since you posted the picture, barrage of questions follow!!

How do you like the FItech setup?
Are you still running the HEI distributor? (I am planning on Pertronix)
Did you figure out any type of knock control?

Until he replies to confirm: MSD distributor triggering a Holley Sniper throttle body EFI.
I believe no knock control is installed as of yet.

Since you posted the picture, barrage of questions follow!!

How do you like the FItech setup?
Are you still running the HEI distributor? (I am planning on Pertronix)
Did you figure out any type of knock control?
It is not a Fltech it is the 4 injector Holley Super Sniper. I am running AC. There is no way to run 87 brackets with the HEI. I am using a MSD distributor controlled by the Sniper. If you have not bought the TBI yet, check out the Holley Super Sniper. It is made for this and can do a lot of cool stuff. The Super Sniper not the standard Sniper. I do have a knock gauge wired up. You need a 87 knoch sensor, a ESU module from a early 90's car or truck, and Casper's knoch gauge. If you want to see what I have done go to Gbody Forum and look up Suck N Blow Monte Thread.

Oddmonte. I've been reading through your thread. I love what you are doing - but it's 29 pages. Could you start a thread here with a cliff notes summary?? I've seriously been considering a Holley or FAST throttle body setup .

Please and Thank You! :)

Thanks for the interest guys. The car is up and running. I still have some tuning and tweaking to do yet.