Car won't start

nash871233

Hi All

This morning I went to start the car, it fired up just fine, but as soon as it started, it died. It cranks but won't fire. I have good fuel pressure. Checked fuses, they are good to. I found one green wire by cam sensor that isn't plugged in anywhere. I don't know if this loose wire is part of the problem, or just an extra wire that comes with the wire bundle.

It sounds to me like a spark issue there has been numerous people having issues with the stock coil pack. I would recommend you bring your coil to an Oreilly Auto Parts because they can test your ignition coil at the store. If that test out okay then I would pick up a inline spark plug tester, they're fairly inexpensive indefinitely a good idea to have on hand.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hi All

This morning I went to start the car, it fired up just fine, but as soon as it started, it died. It cranks but won't fire. I have good fuel pressure. Checked fuses, they are good to. I found one green wire by cam sensor that isn't plugged in anywhere. I don't know if this loose wire is part of the problem, or just an extra wire that comes with the wire bundle.
Sounds like no spark.

Sounds like the Crank Sensor as well . Kinda gently jiggle move the sensor around for loose play, cause those sensor will go out when you lease expect it.

Sounds like the Crank Sensor as well . Kinda gently jiggle move the sensor around for loose play, cause those sensor will go out when you lease expect it.
Kind of the same thing. But yes! Check the crank sensor. Cheap and easy first.

Hi All

So if it was runing the day before and now doesn't I would check your cam sensor and see if it moved . I had a issue where the sensor would move and cause a no start situation. Basically a worn cam gear caused my issue . Pull the cam cap off and see how much play u have on the reluctor ring

Did you check the orange wire at the battery? It is a fusible link and was my problem several years ago.

Well... here's the skinny on mystery of my no start. I found two fuses blown, Ignition module (turbocharged only) and ECM IGN. Replaced them both and the car started and stayed running. I did check fusible link everything good there. Mystery is why did these to fuses all of a sudden pop?