car wont run!!! its not at home either!

flying3

Sry to post this but ive searched and havent found a clear answer...my car is just sitting at the body shop...it just got painted...he said he pulled the car out in reverse went to put the car and drive and the car just died! the car will start and stumble for about 15 seconds then shut off...with any kind of throttle applied the car automatically shuts off and sounds like it is backfiring through the intake...any ideas? ive tried diffrent chips, reset computer, changed spark plugs. i unhooked the MAF sensor and it didnt change anything..i have great fuel pressure (42 lbs) the fuel pump primes...i just want to get the car home!

ive got the scanmaster 2.0 but i dont know how to make that thing show any codes or its not giving me any :confused:

i would like to just fix it if it will be an semi-easy fix...i could pay for the part that needs fixed for what it would cost to tow it

Nobody at the body shop took it for a joy ride? Check the grounds at the back of the head. What mods on the car?

Were any connections (grounds) disconnected for the car to be painted? Make sure everything was put back in place.

If a turbo - IC hose has blown off it would seem somebody got the boost up - take a look and see.

Is the fuel pump running after start up?

ill check the grounds, i asked if he had drove it he said no, i believe him. my family has been doing business with him for years. the car has recently been rebuilt has less than 1500 miles on the engine, bored .10 over, slightly larger cam (comp), adj fuel reg, high flow fuel pump, 40# injectors...i tried it with stock chip which is what i used to drive the car there and also tried another chip for 30 # injectors...is there any way to check the coil pack? cam sensor? ill try to get some codes today...

Ground on Hot wire to the gas tank?
When they took the bumper off mine to paint also took the ground off
wouldn't run till I figured it out

Ground on Hot wire to the gas tank?
When they took the bumper off mine to paint also took the ground off
wouldn't run till I figured it out

That's a good idea, I can imagine that little clip popping off.

You asked about the coil pack, yeah you can test it with an Ohmeter should be between 11-13ohms.

went back to car today, the scanmaster threw code 13 one time then never came back then is flashed 41 then went straight to code 42...i took the ignition coilpack/module out and will have it tested tomorrow at Advanced auto...n e other suggestions?

41 is cam sensor circuit failure- 42 is c3i est or bypass circuit failure. Check cam sensor or you're ign module and ohm coils like said.Check connections to ignition module is tight first and connection to cam sensor almost sounds like a loose or corroded connection.

sry forgot to mention i hooked the cam sensor tool up to it and it showed that it was perfect. i also checked the ohms on the coil pack every pair showd 10.2 ohms...i dont think that is low enough to make this big of a diffrence..none of the codes were constant either...sometimes they would show up sometimes they wouldnt. Ill test the Ign module today.