car stumbles when started

aznturboboi

i start the car and then i let it sit for a minutes or so then i shift into reverse and it seems to stumble alot more ever since i installed a ram air intake. one time it even died then i started it again and it was good. Im just wondering is this a common problem cause the computer is still getting warmed up or what? btw the car is a 1986 ttype with 104,000 miles

It would...

help to state the type of cold air kit you installed. do you have a scan-tool? Something to check first, make sure your clamps are tight and the hoses are sealing. air getting in past the maf will upset the apple-cart!:biggrin:

the car is stock and my dad and i installed a kenne bell ram airkit that he bought sometime ago and never got around to installing. no scantool

It's possible...

the maf is on it's way out, if this is happening intermittently. also, the kb uses the soft hose, correct?:confused: did you check to see if there is any holes, cuts, etc. in the hose? turbulance and unmetered air will cause some strange problems, including stalling. The IAC is responsable for the idle, but I think that would not be intermittent. Is there any other gn owners near you that might be able to lend a hand or might have a scan tool to lend to you?