Car stalling @ WOT???

norman23

My 87 gn stalls sometimes at WOT.. It stalls.. Then it starts right back up..?? Anyone have anything like this happen to them?? Any ideas of what it could be..??

thanks
shawn

Just off the top of my head...

coilpack
module
fuel filter
fuel pump
clogged injectors
maf
ecm
chip
cam sensor
crank sensor

As you can see....it could be anything. A little more info like mods done and troubleshooting you have already done would be needed.

The mods that i know of..
PTE chip markings say Street 93, stock inj., 20 degree timing, 16-17 psi.. dated 12-.00

K&n cone airfilter.. clean..
Brand new fuel filter..
new plugs and wires..
new Wastegate Solenoid ..

What's should i suspect first..?? The maf...?? Any way to test it..??

thanks for the help,
Shawn

happened again last night while i was driving on high way going around 65 mph and all of a sudden it started stuttering and stalled.. rolled over to the side of the road and turn key off and then restarted it up and ran like a champ..?? Has anyone had this problem?? What should i go after first..?? Will a scan tool like Turbo link pin point the problem?? need help.. any advice will be great..

thanks,
Shawn
rhode Island

Mine likes to stall if you gun it and then let off the gas real quick. Drives me crazy.

this last time it happened.. I was just cruseing at 65.. not even stepping on it.. was not at wot..!! Any senior members help would be great!!

Tap on the maf with a screwdriver while the motor is running. If the motor studders you could have a maf going out. My car started doing some crazy missing while cruising and mild acceleration. Turned out to be the torque strap had become loose allowing the motor to really lean over and shorting out some wires. Raise the hood and powerbrake the car up to about 2000 rpm's while watching the motor. If the left side of the motor (looking from inside of car) raises up more than a couple of inches, you could have a bad motor mount causing the problem like mine. Thanks, R.B.