Car slowed down!

flying3

met up with a couple of friends...ended up doing a lil racing...we leave everything is good...slight KR nothing huge..At the top of second gear it feels like it hit a wall and slowed WAAAYYY down...still drives normal, has a slight tick but that has always been there.. something is not right. All numbers on scanmaster are good but def. can tell the car isnt where its supposed to be. any ideas why the car would just quit like that? mods in sig. engine is new...

met up with a couple of friends...ended up doing a lil racing...we leave everything is good...slight KR nothing huge..At the top of second gear it feels like it hit a wall and slowed WAAAYYY down...still drives normal, has a slight tick but that has always been there.. something is not right. All numbers on scanmaster are good but def. can tell the car isnt where its supposed to be. any ideas why the car would just quit like that? mods in sig. engine is new...

Could be anything...

Like Turbo1dr said.... you need to either post all your mods... or put them in your signature.

1st guess.... is you blew an intercooler hose off... or a vacuum line...

HTH

hmmm my sig must have been erased? lol either way. new engine bored .30 over, comp cam(not sure seller just said slightly hotter than stock) high flow fuel pump, 40# injectors, 3 inch DP, adj. FPR, TT chip, normal upgrades nothing to serious. It has good vacum on the guage. Boost is only set at 14-15 lbs. im still getting some knock at that..not sure if its false knock but i seem to have trouble staying in the gas when i see it..

I remember having a problem like this along time ago.
I was on my way to work one morning and when turning on to my works street I goosed it really quick and pitched it sideways and held it for a while then let off turned around then parked. "stupid I know" When I was leaving work, I let the car warm up like usual. When I proceeded to drive away the car felt sluggish. I was so :confused: All gauges were perfect until about 45min of traffic driving the car started to get very hot. I pulled over immediately and checked the oil. My Very First Head Gasket!! That was a sneaky leak. Well, I changed the cam, and replaced all the bearings after that one. :eek:

:cool: i hope i didnt blow a head gasket! if so i think im going to change the cam in it...i havent heard much good from comp cams..to add to the diagnositc the oil smells pretty bad of gasoline also..

You need to change that oil. But first check your fluid levels, is the radiator level down, does the oil look like a choc milkshake? If these two things look ok, check the compression with a gage, that should tell you something... The next thing is to figure out where the knock is comming from, is it just when the tires spin or on the top of the gears? Good Luck,

Chuck

the knock is say top of 2nd it will show then sometimes it will decrease proving that it could be false knock but other times it will increase...ive added fuel to it...the o2 readings arent very consistent..

the knock is say top of 2nd it will show then sometimes it will decrease proving that it could be false knock but other times it will increase...ive added fuel to it...the o2 readings arent very consistent..

What are the O2's?

had a similar prob a few month's back. my car ran great but it was like driving an ordinary v6 regal. i checked under the hood and found that the waste gate rod had come apart at the exhaust side of the turbo a little press fit pin with an e clip pulled out of the arm. no boost no power. it's a long shot but worth a look. hope you find it.

That knock is more then likely real, false knock is generally created during wheel spin. I would start checking out the fuel system, filter, pump, hot wire kit, do you have a aftermarket hot wire kit? From what you are saying, you better get that oil changed and take some compression readings, it may be to late for your current head gaskets...
But first thing is first-compression readings, of each cylinder.... report back if you want us to help you... If the compression readings are good - all with in 10% of each other should be in the 145-160 psi range. Change that oil and find out why you are getting oil in the gas, something as simple as a fouled spark plug can cause this, ask me how I know :eek:

Chuck

fuel pressure set at 43 with line off...ill try to get compression checked this weekend..02s vary sometimes 800 other times 55? crazy numbers! ill try to report more when i get sometime to work on this gillapi...I appreciate all the help already!

fuel pressure set at 43 with line off...ill try to get compression checked this weekend..02s vary sometimes 800 other times 55? crazy numbers! ill try to report more when i get sometime to work on this gillapi...I appreciate all the help already!

Fuel psi is good.
O2 #s are around 400's - 500's at idle, and WOT my car loves 780's - 800
Low is lean & High is rich. 800 is nice and safe at WOT.

Start the car then check all the plugs and see if one is wet with fuel.

just checked o2s At idle they are very rich in park at idle 860-880s in drive 740-820 what would cause this?

Check each plug for wet gas. Your injector might me stuck open. ;)

Do you see any smoking at Idle?

The O2's are saying Very RICH.

plugs looked good...opened the radiator cap...it looks like chocolate milk :( ....
how does the car still run good when normal driving and not too bad under part throttle boost and still have a blown HG?