Car running rich

Cape Cod GN

Hi all. I'm new to the forums. I just put in 42lb injectors and was told I shouldn't have to modify my chip. I currently have a TT 5.7 that was set up for mostly stock set up. The fuel pressure gauge is new and at 42lbs fuel pressure the car runs really rich and even bogs when I rev the engine at idle. It also idles a little rough. It blows white smoke also when I rev the engine. When I turn down the fuel pressure to 26lbs it runs great. So is it the chip maybe? Or could it be another problem. What should I do to do a easy check on this with out going to crazy. Any ideas? Thx!

When you change injectors you MUST have the chip modified to match!!

Posted to TurboBuick.com from my RAZR MAXX HD

When you put in larger injectors you need the correct chip to go with them. In the chip programming is the injector constant which lets the ECM know what size injector you are using. This needs to be programmed for whatever size injectors you have.

Neal

Thx guys. That's what I thought. I purchased the 42 pounders with the understanding that I wouldn't have to modify the ECM or chip. I have a 5.6 that I can pop in and sent the 5.7 back for the reprogram.