Car Driver GNX flashback video

Yeah the car and driver one is cool. I saw it awhile back when it aired on T.V.

They usually gave a phone number at the end of the show if you were interested in ordering a VHS tape copy of the episode. I ordered the tape titled, "CAR AND DRIVER SHOW 2001-02 AIRS 02/03-04/01 GM MID-SIZE UTES, CLASSIC-GNX." It was ordered from RTM Productions, Inc. and their phone number in Tennessee when I ordered it in 2001 was 615-373-8838 and it was $12.95 with $4.95 for shipping & Handling. Maybe they're still at this number and you can get a copy of the episode.

question

I've got a question about this video. Was 547 a predetermined number of GNX's to be built or did GM axe the GNX at that number because it was way faster than the corvette? In the video the voice-over guy made it sound like GM axed it because of the corvette deal.

547 was definitely NOT the pre-determined number. At one point they thought they'd stop at #500, which is why Buick kept it and eventually placed it in the Sloan museum in Flint. i am not sure of the exact reason for the run past 500, probably the overwhelming demand, but 547 is just where they ended up. i have never heard the angle that they stopped because of the corvette losing. That doesn't seem to make sense at that point, but I suppose anything is possible.