Car dies and won't restart

slow305

One Cool Guy
Happened twice to me, both times without a scantool on me. So I drive the car around for about five or so minutes. When I come up to a stoplight, I can hear the idle drop down lower than normal. When I go to accelerate, it just stumbles without RPM's climbing or gaining speed, then dies. When I go to crank it, it does not want to immediately start up, but if I wait for about 10 minutes it will run for about 30 or so seconds before the cycle repeats. I replaced the O2 sensor, and so far, it has not replicated the same behavior in the garage. I hooked up the PL and I think my MAF may be dead. In park, the car will not suddenly accelerate. It just sumbles off idle and acts likes it going to die until I take my foot off of the accelerator. I'm going to attach the PL file. Look at the TPS voltage for spirited petal use. Keep in mind the O2 is new when looking at that crazy low number. BLM's are crazy as well, as is the ridiculously low MAF readings. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Troubleshooting file.dat
    166.5 KB · Views: 56
Funny, because I have an LS MAF on here that is only about 5 years old (maybe 7k miles). I thought they were supposed to last longer than that.

What fuel pump? I had similar problems with an external pump, would tap it with my key a few times and it would start and go. Brushes were stuck.

Funny, because I have an LS MAF on here that is only about 5 years old (maybe 7k miles). I thought they were supposed to last longer than that.

MAF output is reading 30 @ 4200 RPM. 1.2 @ idle. Unless you have a extender chip or you have the translator misconfigured that isn't normal.