car covers

fast NY Six

Is there a quality car cover that everyone uses? I've done a search but the threads are old. The car is stored indoors. thanks

Covercraft ^^^ and California Car Cover Company have nice flannel-lined cotton - great for indoor storage.

Hello Fast NY Six, just my 2 cents but I would order the plushweave cotton flannel indoor car cover from California Car Cover which runs about $300.00 depending on what color you want... it comes in grey, black or tan. I have been using this cover on my Buick for over 10 years and it has been excellent. I have had the same model car cover I have used on a Dodge Super Bee and Plymouth Roadrunner and I bought those over 20 years ago and they are mint. It's not the cheapest car cover in town but it's like anything else you get what you pay for. There are tons of covers out there for under $150.00 (or cheaper) but some of them are pretty SCARY what they will do to the paint underneath... they are hard and basically all they do is keep the dust off BUT they also scratch the paint or leave swirl marks. Good car covers can get pretty technical if you start researching material, etc. Some people don't care and just want something/anything to cover the car which of course is ok - but - if you want a excellent quality car cover from a company that has been around for a long time then go with California car Cover. Fyi... they usually have a Black Friday Sale coming up around Thanksgiving and they offer 5 to 10% off so might be worth waiting for. Call and ask for Candy... I have been dealing with her for years... she is excellent. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks for the thorough response. Plush weave Cotton flannel sounds really soft, that’s the one I’ll get. I just had the car painted so I want something nice. Thanks again

that sounds like a great cover I need one too
little tip on some paint protection since you just got her painted
jescar (formerly Menzerna) power lock plus best stuff I've ever used, don't use anything for two months to let paint fully cure ,only hand glazes are ok after fresh paint job, if you want to feed the paint so to speak

Hello Fast NY Six, I am glad this information was helpful. You will really love the California Car Cover Plushweave indoor cotton car cover as it's like a babys blanket on the paint. A lot of my buddies have asked me where I got my car covers and what model they are but usually choke (they are cheap) when I have told them the price. They buy the AutoZone or Pep Boys Auto Store $75.00 econo-cover that scratches their paint and they can't even fold the thing because it's like a piece of cardboard it's so stiff and hard and you can only imagine what's it's doing to the paint.

Just a suggestion, when you go to place the order - call Candy directly (please see her contact) info below and place the order on the phone rather than online as there are a lot of variables and options. Set up a 'online' account so all your information is in their system (address, etc) before you place the order AND put your e-mail on their on-line e-mailings that way on or around Thursday, November 22, 2018 you should get a automatic e-mail saying what their black Friday sale is (usually 10%) and it will give you the code - otherwise if you don't get the e-mail just call Candy directly on the Friday, November 23 to place the order and ask her about the discount. They offer free shipping if it's over $99.00. The covers usually take about 2 weeks to make as they are made to order in Oklahoma at the factory and ship direct from there.

Another thing you will have to decide on when ordering your new cover - beside the color (grey, black or tan) is if you want it WITH or without mirror pockets. I personally have the mirror pockets on every one of my covers including my Buick and glad I have them as it makes it easier to put it on and find it fits way better. But having said that it's personal choice... I would suggest go on their website and have a looks at the pictures and you will see some with and without the mirror pockets.

When calling Candy be patient as you will probably get her voice mail as they are SUPER busy when the black Friday sale hits as everyone is placing orders as they usually only do the 10% off once a year.

www.calcarcover.com

Here is what I use. I love it. Car capsule. Car comes out like I put it in.

Attachments

• A93D8720-2321-487E-B3B7-2E3C1780ACBE.jpeg
    A93D8720-2321-487E-B3B7-2E3C1780ACBE.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 75
  • FD8294E2-375B-4762-8E00-43A170D8922E.jpeg
    FD8294E2-375B-4762-8E00-43A170D8922E.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 61