Car bucking

NickWE4

My 1987 T-Type has this strange issue where after driving it for a bit, once I try to decelerate it starts rocking back and forth somewhat violently and the rpm's move up and down a bit. Anyone know what the issue could be?

It’s inside the transmission pan on the valve body. Buy the solenoid for the 7004R. It’s two bolts and you will have to solder/splice two wires. Good time to install a drain plug in the pan too. Yeah dropping the pan is messy.

It’s inside the transmission pan on the valve body. Buy the solenoid for the 7004R. It’s two bolts and you will have to solder/splice two wires. Good time to install a drain plug in the pan too. Yeah dropping the pan is messy.
Alright thanks I'll check that out. I've read somewhere that I can unplug the tcc from outside the trans and it will temporarily fix the issue. Where would that plug be so I could do that until I get the solenoid?

I am planning on doing this procedure this weekend. My car has been doing this for a long time. I'd rather try and fix it myself rather than pay the local bozos around here. I'm also going to replace the pressure switch while i'm at it. Dropping the pan mess is the worst part of the job!!

Before you tear into the transmission make sure it's not the sensors acting up and telling the TCC to lock an unlock. Unplugging the trans plug will cause the TCC to never lock. It will also not tell the ECM that you're in 3rd or 4th gear, so don't floor it while unplugged.

If the brake pedal switch is right at the ragged edge of being compressed, the slightest pump can cause it to unlock and relock.

An easy test is to jump out the TCC on the ALDL connector to force the TCC to lock at cruise. If you pop out the paper clip and it immediality goes to bucking, odds are you found your problem.

My 1987 T-Type has this strange issue where after driving it for a bit, once I try to decelerate it starts rocking back and forth somewhat violently and the rpm's move up and down a bit. Anyone know what the issue could be?

I had this happen before. Scared the crap out of me. It only did it twice, before i found the problem and fixed it.

It was a bad ground wire eyelet terminal, one of the ones that bolt to the back of the heads. I don't know which one because i didn't trace it out. When i saw what the problem was i just wanted to fix it as fast as i could so it wouldn't do that anymore lol.