Car breaking up and running very rich

Brianpell

hello, just looking for some help. Pretty new to this car and trying to fix and issue I am having. Issue 1- All of a sudden my car is running rich and has developed a miss at idle and at steady rpm. Issue 2- Car seems to be boosting up slower now under a stomp from a roll. This issue seemed to develop after very quick wot blast and the car broke up and heard a slight intake backfire. I then noticed the ats on the scanmaster read HOT. My scan master numbers are:
Af-07/08
Bl-120
iac-16
Bat-13.7-13.9
o2 are about 780 at wot
fuel press set at 44 with line off
I get no knock and after 13 pounds of boost it flys,it's even getting to 13 pounds seems slower.
I don't here or feel any exhaust leaks anywhere,replaced and rechecked every vac line over and over and have tried another coil pack that made it run worse. Plugs are brand new r43 gapped at .32. I'm trying to narrow this down but leaning towards the MAF being the issue. It has lt1 MAF with translator. Turbo tweak chip. Running 18 pounds of boost right now. Any help would be great.

Dont discount the injectors I was chasing a rich condition and it was low mile injectors the whole time....

Welcome to the board Pilgrim!
First, list all your mod's as that can aid in the diagnostics,(educated guessing on our part)due to their modifications to the stock configuration. And as an aid, you can use: http://ihadav8.com/forum/vortexbuicks/ I can't make the addy work??? May have to google it.
That will help in your understanding of the TR's, and continue to ask questions on the board to further your understanding.

Last edited:
Look for loose vacuum lines and go around the intake, plenum, and throttle body gaskets with propane or carb cleaner. See if the idle goes up.