Car all jacked up, bad luck, etc etc part 2

VadersV6

Im sure you all remember the posts about the turbo disintegrating, then the motor dying, and the paint cracking and car falling apart and all the other bad stuff. Well things turned around.
Out of nowhere a 2005 Honda Civic that used to be owned by my brother was given to me, scott free...long story, but I have reliable transportation now, 35mpg, clean and now I dont have to struggle every minute to keep a daily driver going. I work across from calvary chapel, and I always talk to a really cool lady there. She asked about the GN and I told her the story, and said my brother is letting me drive his honda until I can get it fixed, but I cant cause I have no money to get it fixed. She says "well I'll pray for you....you need to just pray that your brother just gives you the honda". I thought how impossible that is and snickered and said "yeah that would be nice", and thanked her. 4 hours later my dad called and said they needed the honda back because they had to sell it. He asked about the GN and I told him everything and he said 'why dont you just buy the honda from us?" I said "let me check my wallet, will 2 bucks cover it?" An hour later he said I could just have the car, and to just consider it an inheritance from my grandmother. Ive never been given anything like this. Everything has come the hard way. It seems someone upstairs was listening because my wife and I have been trying to have a baby for 7 years. She really cant conceive. She's had surgeries and we've both been tested etc etc. We couldnt afford an adoption. 2 weeks prior to the honda becoming my car, my wife's grandmother's childhood friend, has a granddaughter who is pregnant and wanted to put the baby up for adoption. So long story short, she's been living with us the past couple weeks, and she just went to the hospital and is probably going to have the baby tonight. Its a girl. So a car and my first kid both come overnight. Had the GN not broken down, I wouldnt have gotten the honda, and now I have a reliable car for my new kid. So if there were any of you out there throwing out some prayers for me back when I was doing all that whining, it paid off...thanks!

See.... It all worked out just fine. Now you can fix the GN at your own pace and not worry about it. Congrats on the new baby!

Praise God that's awesome.

People may snicker but There is power in prayer. Awesome that lil old lady prayed for you and your vehicle situation. He say's "I will never leave you or forsake you".(Hebrews 13:5) Even when we are faithless he remains Faithful. Will be praying that the baby is born healthy and that the adoption goes smooth . Look like you have a bright path ahead of you congrats on being a Father. Look like in 1 day you got an inheritence from your grandmother and pslams says Children are an inheritence from the Lord. Before long you'll be changing your 1st diaper and finding out what sleep deprevation is unless you end up with a child that sleeps thru the night. All of our kids were up every hour and a half.

Well last night was crazy. The mother, Emily, only wanted me in the room with her toward the end, and the baby came right when they were about to give her an epideral. Its a girl and her name is Riley. She'll be in the hospital till tomorrow and we either take the baby home tonight or tomorrow. Not sure yet. But at 36, Im just now having my first kid and its crazy how your perspective of everything changes and your whole train of thought is no longer on yourself.:)

COngratulations Brent! Let us know when you have time between diaper changes and bottles to work on that ole Buick....:D

I'll take bets that in 18 months that the gn is 4 sale.
I'm on my second kid and my second buick.......Very hard.
and sometime i go out to the garage and see dust on the cars and think of sellin them.

Usually i just cus and kick myself for forgetin to buy car covers once again.;)

Well,it seems.....

Congradulations is in order! My wife had the same problem, was told she would never bare children. Prayer worked for her as well. WE! suffered(cause, if she was suffering, she was going to make me suffer w/her):eek: :frown: she went thru 8 miscarriages, and on the 9th, she put her faith in the Lord, and told her doctor she would bring it to full term and wouldn't confess anything else. When it was time, she had a C section and the doctor, when he saw her insides, confessed there was no way she could possibly have conceived except by the grace of God. He had seen that she had no tube on one side w/half an ovary. the other side, the tube was full of lesions. 9 months later she got pregnant again and this time she had a jewish doctor. Same thing, C section and afterwards the doc came in and apologized for thinking her crazy and admitted to what he had seen. I'd like to take the credit for it,:D .... but it would never hold up in court!:redface:
Don't forget to take her to church. as a family, to give thanks and get to know the Lord who has granted you this opportunity.:wink: I did!

Thanks for the kind words. Its my 1st day back from work. I feel like Ive aged 10 years in a week. Holy crap this is rough! lol. But its strange in that I dont mind. Funny thing is that the baby was born on st. patricks day, to mr. bad luck here. It was also the biological moms bday. The biological father wants to suddenly be a PITA and try to get custody. He's a truck driver, he lives in his truck, and wants to put the baby in the care of his 600 lb invalid mom who's in a wheelchair. The support system for this baby in me and my wife's family is almost endless. It truly take a tribe to raise a child and I cant think of a better place for her to be. The dad is a 430lb massive guy with the mentality of a young teenager. I truly hope the courts find favor in us. I really wished it didnt end up going in that direction. He was notified repeatedly to either sign off parental rights or go to court and he keeps ignoring it. He showed up to the hospital without calling, against the wishes of the mom and forced his way into the recovery room. He wasnt violent of anything. I do want him to see the baby but he hasnt yet since the timing is all wrong. Just 4 months ago Emily was in an abortion clinic being forced by her good and decent mormom family to abort the baby and she refused to go through with it, and the family was mad cause they threw 500 bucks away.
Last wednesday was release day, and watching emily say goodbye to the baby was heartbreaking beyond belief. Its strange that even though the baby isnt my blood, I'm absolutely in love with this child as if she's my own. I was there with Emily talking her through the whole delivery, and she only wanted me in the room, and the doctor wasnt even present when the baby flew out. She lived with us here and there for a couple weeks and we got to become good friends in that short time. She has a 3 year old boy who's a sweet kid as well.
If the dad somehow succeeds in getting custody, or if the baby ends up in a foster home, I seriously dont think I could bear it. I wish I hadnt become so close so fast. All the "problems" my wife and I were having now seem so irrelevant and ridiculous. Selfishness has a way of vanishing with a new child.

I have a feeling you will get the baby, and I also have a feeling that baby will be leakier than any hole you could punch in your GN's oil pan :tongue:

Good luck with that, and congrats!

Hope you get to keep the child and the GN! Keep the faith.:smile:

Congrads!

Congrads Bro! I had the same issue with my wife, as we lost our first little boy, Frankie. About 3 months later, she was pregenent again, with our daughter Alexandra (now 2). And, 6 months we had our third child, Patrick.

Yes, God does listen your prayers, and there's nothing wrong saying it.

As for the car, as long as your not making payments, she can sit on the garage till your ready. Don't rush it, just take your time, find side jobs for neighbors etc to get some extra cash. Its really hard the first year with all the diapers, formula etc, but its worth it. BTW, she LOVES cars! and won't get of the front seat when she is sitting in the garage..

Use the time (with no money) to do projects that cost very little, like cleaning, there's alot of areas of the car that need restoration, especially
the undercarraige etc. It just takes time (paint is cheap, and labor is free!)

Best of Luck and Congrads!

People say you see God in them. The first time we bathed her, she was crying, jaw quivering, scared....it was too much for me. I thought she was in pain or something. I didnt understand at the time that she's just pissed off, not in pain or anything. We dried her off and she opened both her eyes for the first time and looked at me, and it was all over. Not to sound gay or anything (to a bunch of tough grease monkeys:p ) but its like she was mine forever. I saw God All those "problems" I was having with my wife became irrelevant. I realized how stupid it all was. Maybe not having your first child until you're almost 37 has something to do with it, but she's all I think about. At 27, I was in no way ready for this, and up till a month ago, I still didnt think I was. Now she's all I care about. I cant wait to get home and see her again. Weird how she's not my blood and I love her like she's my own....and she's not allowed to date until she's 35.
Anyone watch that Scott Baio is 46 and single show? My wife and I always laughed cause he was exactly like me. (Stressed out about everything stupid, always complaining and seemingly selfish) and it turned out exactly the same. I just pray that the biological dad doesnt take her away. He has the option of seeing her whenever he wants, no child support....if he just takes the offer, but his family is trying to get him to have full custody, which is so wrong for her. Its not for him, its to fulfill the wishes of his mom. Riley (my daughters name) has like 20 different experienced parents here who all want to raise and care for her, and he has 1 sick mother who wants a grandkid who couldnt possibly take care of all her needs, especially if she were hurt and is bound to a wheelchair.
So for those out there who pray, pray for this chump and hopefully I'll get back to contributing some tech talk here.
Thanks

A little off topic, but how do you like the Civic?? I'm looking at a new 08 for a commuter.

A little off topic, but how do you like the Civic?? I'm looking at a new 08 for a commuter.
I like the 8 new door dings in 2 weeks. I dont get it. 3 years with the Gn and not 1 door ding. Now I have dings everywhere, and like every car, its all on the passenger side. I think I got most of them from my wife or all the ladies flinging their doors open to pull out car seats at the hospital when the baby was being born.
Anyway, Its an automatic, silver, 1.7 liter. Its not a pro stock car, but it's surprising how much the car flies at highway speeds. Probably from the aerodynamics. The car seems to want to do 90 all the time. I have to constantly keep an eye on the speedo. The car rides smooth as silk at that speed, and this is even at almost 50,000 miles with the original shocks. My wife borrowed it for a week a couple months back, and she got about 45mpg doing 70-75mph on the highway. They claim a much lower mpg but it actually does much better. Its also got synthetic oil and I keep the tires inflated to 40psi, so that helps I imagine. I average about 32mpg and I do minimum 80mph and usually 85-90, and I'm heavy on the throttle all the time and it still gets that mpg. Its great. I throw in 13 gallons and it'll last me about a week and a half with a 70 mile daily commute. Its got ALOT of trunk space, surprisingly, and alot of back seat room, which is great for the car seat for the baby. I cant believe how much crap I can throw in that trunk, I can have my wife in the back seat behind me taking care of the baby, and I still have enough leg room to drive and the wife still has leg room. It has a nice strong stereo system, alarm, power windows, power steering, but no power seats. Nice A/C and what I like is at night, when you park and shut down, the moment you turn the ignition off, the interior lights slowly turn on so you can see what you're doing. The gauges stay illuminated at all times when driving, day or night. When you get in the car at night, the interior lights stay on until you start the car and the slowly dim off. Dual airbags...Only thing that sucks are the brakes. They blow. If you have to make a quick stop, you really need to lay into the pedal to get it to brake quick. But it may just have vacuum brakes...Dont even know what it has. I love everything about it. Plus theres no wind noise and its quiet. I dont know about the 08's but this one is an 05 and I love everything about it but the damn door dings.